Answered

How to add a template to frame with the API ?

• 25 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Dear,

I would like to set up a board with frames, one of them filled with a Kanban template.

Did someone has done this before ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Pierre

icon

Best answer by Boris Borodyansky 30 April 2020, 08:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Pierre Jannez ,

could you please describe a bit more what you would like to see / do in your board.

Of course it is possible to create a board full of frames and one of them is a Kanban and then save the whole board as template …

So what do you like to do / create with it?

Michael

Hi Michael,

I would like to create a JavaScript app to build a standard visual management split into frames. One of them including a kanban template. I did’nt find a way to access template from the API as we can do with regular widget like cards for example. 
With this app I would like to build in one click my visual management. 
Best Regards

Pierre

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Pierre, right now there’s now way to use templates via API.

Also, no way to create kanban widget.

What is possible to do: you can create a board manually, and then use API to copy this exact board. 

This API is not public, I can provide access if you would like to try it =)

What is possible to do: you can create a board manually, and then use API to copy this exact board. 

Hi Boris, can you provide access to that part of the API? I would love to have the ‘duplicate’ board feature in the API. 

Hi there @Boris Borodyansky

Is there a way to create new boards based on a Template or duplicate boards via the API? We currently have a need for bulk-creation of boards based on templates.

You mentioned that this is currently not possible from the public API. 

Hello @Boris Borodyansky

Can you please provide access to the copy method of that API. I was trying to copy widgets but it has its limitations and it seems, that I cannot use the same raw body that I get when requesting the “template widgets”.

Problems that I had for trying to copy a few widgets:

• scale is an unpermitted param for type “text”
  • backgroundColor in style has the value “#ffffffff”, which is not permitted, because it has 8 Fs
  • shapeType in style is not allowed for type “text”
  • I cannot copy an emoji widget

As a workaround I deleted the keys where an error occurred and the creation of the widgets works now, but I can’t be sure if it will work when other people will create new templates.