Model Miro Academy?

• 18 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I found myself very much enjoying the experience academy.miro.com offered to take courses and sign up for webinars. 

Is this a function that is offered through Miro? To create courses, host webinars, etc. that could be a substitute for using something like Thinkific or Udemy?

Cheers,
Tym

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I found myself very much enjoying the experience academy.miro.com offered to take courses and sign up for webinars. 

Is this a function that is offered through Miro? To create courses, host webinars, etc. that could be a substitute for using something like Thinkific or Udemy?

Cheers,
Tym

Hi @Tymothy Roy ! 

There are ways that some of my clients have used Miro as a course within a board, creating a dash board frame with linking items to a curriculum - and playing with the wayfinding on the board. You could also create a presentation which has smart links. However, in the true sense like you’re talking about there’s no real out of the box feature for this, but I’ve seen it used in this way by designing it. This wouldn’t really be a replacement for Thinkific though, it’s not designed in that way. 

@Jonathan White may have done this also for some of his clients and can chime in!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Cheers,
Tym

Hi @Tymothy Roy ! 

There are ways that some of my clients have used Miro as a course within a board, creating a dash board frame with linking items to a curriculum - and playing with the wayfinding on the board. You could also create a presentation which has smart links. However, in the true sense like you’re talking about there’s no real out of the box feature for this, but I’ve seen it used in this way by designing it. This wouldn’t really be a replacement for Thinkific though, it’s not designed in that way. 

@Jonathan White may have done this also for some of his clients and can chime in!

@Tymothy Roy and @Rachel 

Course content can be really brought to life in Miro, as you can not only present, but give opportunities for practical application of the learning (practice areas) AND hand over templates and models to be used at a later date and time. Embedding videos is also an option to support visual, written, and video learning, and you could create links to tests or exams by including a typeform, survey-monkey, or other external link.

The part that would not model after Thinkific or similar experience is the ability to automatically track progress, respond to an embedded quiz, and presenting a badge if you pass. Many of these functions would need to be done manually by the organizing team through a separate tracking site or spreadsheet. This would be fine for a few learners, but a mess for a lot of people. 

So course content can be really enhanced in Miro, but organizing of course structure and administration of the learners is not something that Miro does currently.