AWS Icon Library

• 1 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Our company just ditched Lucid and I’ve imported all of my AWS diagrams (in a .vsdx format). However, I immediately see that a large number of AWS icons from anything equal to or newer than the AWS 2019 shape library are not being translated upon import. I assumed this was because the shape was missing from your library, but suprisingly, a lot of them are there. Some examples are WAF, Lambda, ALB, NLB… were there but the shape wasn’t used upon import. All I get is a silhouette of the shape that is a solid color. PostgreSQL, PostgreSQL Proxy, and VPC Endpoint Service are just non-existent for example. This is a horrible experience especially for a VERY standard format of .vsdx. I would understand if this was a proprietary Lucid format but Visual Studio has been around forever. Please make this better. I have too much work already built that is AWS compliant to have to effectively redraw everything. Please fix this.

The AWS shape library is also incomplete and I’m unable to accurately draw AWS architecture as it stands. I don’t understand why this should be an acceptable feature gap for paid customers. My drawings reflect my understanding of architecture when I present them to my team and the company. When I have to use an RDS shape for a PostgreSQL proxy, this becomes a bigger problem and I’d rather use crayons than something that misrepresents the architecture and requires a textbox call-out because the shape isn’t what the actual resource is. Please fix this.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

This area of the forum isn’t related to fixing bugs or discussions about features, there might be a better area to post this that would get you a quicker reply! 

Maybe the wishlist area of the forum? https://community.miro.com/ideas

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Adam Shero - I would suggest that you leave this feedback through the built-in product feedback tool as seen here (Miro has assured me that this feedback is regularly monitored):

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Moderator note: Moved post to “Ask the community” as there really isn’t a good home for “product feedback”.