New improved timer plugin with music 🎶

• 30 March 2021
  • 37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Take control of your (virtual) space with Miro’s improved timer plugin! Set your timer during group activities to keep everyone on track and play background music to get people in the right mindset.  

The improved timer allows you to:

• Time box an activity such as brainstorming or voting
  • Pause the timer when needed 
  • Add time to the timer with the click of a button 
  • Choose royalty free background tunes 

The new timer plugin is available on Education, Team, Consultant, Business, and Enterprise plan. 

:books:  Visit the Help Center to learn more. 

37 replies

Userlevel 1

It would be great if the songs would be synchronised with the timer.

If the timer is 5 minutes, we could have a song that finishes at exactly 5 minutes. This will give a very natural feel to the timer.

Sometimes, the song runs out at 4:50, and then a new song starts, right when the timer ends.

It is happening to me again, the reset data didn’t work. Please, help to solve this issue, it affects heavily my work

@Diana Deriazhna - Can you share screenshots of what you are seeing? Better yet, a video recording -- Loom is free and easy to use and share.

Thank you, I am now using the browser version and it works fine so far. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It is happening to me again, the reset data didn’t work. Please, help to solve this issue, it affects heavily my work

@Diana Deriazhna - Can you share screenshots of what you are seeing? Better yet, a video recording -- Loom is free and easy to use and share.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Diana Deriazhna - If you have the MS Miro desktop app from miro.com/apps, you can expose the menu bar by pressing the ALT key:

Hi @Robert Johnson thank you for your quick response. I needed a fast solution as it heavily affected my online meeting. I’ve deleted and re-installed the App on Windows and it helped. 

@Diana Deriazhna - Glad to hear that you got it sorted!

In the future, rather than re-installing the desktop app, you could first try resetting the app data by following these simple and quick steps:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572854-Desktop-app#For_Windows_1

Thanks, @Robert Johnson I saw this article, I have MS App, so I didn’t have these tabs. It was faster to re-install the App than to figure out how to reset its data, as the problem occurred unexpectedly and the meeting was already running. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Robert Johnson thank you for your quick response. I needed a fast solution as it heavily affected my online meeting. I’ve deleted and re-installed the App on Windows and it helped. 

@Diana Deriazhna - Glad to hear that you got it sorted!

In the future, rather than re-installing the desktop app, you could first try resetting the app data by following these simple and quick steps:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572854-Desktop-app#For_Windows_1

Hi @Robert Johnson thank you for your quick response. I needed a fast solution as it heavily affected my online meeting. I’ve deleted and re-installed the App on Windows and it helped. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Diana Deriazhna - I just tested the timer and it is working as expected for me (Windows 11 64-bit via Chrome).

Can you ease share screenshots of what you are seeing?

Note: If you are using a browser, try disabling any installed browser extensions -- you can usually accomplish this in one step by signing into Miro through a ln incognito/private browser window. 

Hi all, the timer doesn't work for me. It is only “minimalized” version for me now. We used a timer before as a team and now suddenly it doesn't work for me, but it works for other team members. What may be the problem? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Patrick Miles - I created a Wish List post from your reply because it is a great idea and I agree 100%!

You can all vote for it here → Change music while timer still active

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have shared this in a few other posts, but felt it was relevant here too.

--

I put together this unofficial  Spotify playlist of Miro Timer Music - well, 5/6 songs :wink:

Miro Timer Music / Song / Artist

1. Sunshine jam / Downtown / Soul Shifters
  2. Uptempo funk / Business or Pleasure / Avocado Junkie
  3. Smooth groove / Seaside Samba / King Flamingo
  4. Calm flow / ? / ?
  5. Chill beats / Quadricolor / Isaac Joel 
  6. Cosmic vibe / Fading Light / Holiday On The Moon

Spotify playlist

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/06hd7iRsrBK8BIZTFN12Yi?si=517b96fabc7b4dea

Calm flow is A Day Without Rain by Stephen Keech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJRSKBZQDz0&t=1083s

It doesn’t appear to be on Spotify, so I can’t add it to my playlist.

I love this new feature, adding music is a plus, thus I’d love to know it there is a possibility to change the timer music or being able to choose from different ones? I’ve used them all, but adding feature to personalize the waiting music will be just AWESOME. 

Userlevel 1

@mlanders I have some beta feature that will be interesting for you to test in case of a long session, will text you in DM about that

@Robert Johnson Could you explain  a bit more what you expected to see there as a Guest Editor?

@Kate Ivanova will that “longer time in timer” feature be available soon for everyone or do we still need to request it directly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson just following up to let you know that someone from Miro reached out to me by email.  Turns out that I had a Chrome extension that wasn’t allowing the music to play.  (The extension was one that disabled HTML autoplay.)

@Callista Chen - Thanks for following up. This will surely help anyone else who runs into this issue.

@Robert Johnson just following up to let you know that someone from Miro reached out to me by email.  Turns out that I had a Chrome extension that wasn’t allowing the music to play.  (The extension was one that disabled HTML autoplay.)

@Robert Johnson It works on the app!  Thanks!  By “we” I meant my company, when I said we don't have a VPN. 

Userlevel 1

Nevermind, user error. 

I guess it was not obvious to me that the music is muted by default and I had to unmute to hear it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Timer music doesn’t seem to be playing for my boards in the Miro app today (April 13).

@Steve Morris - What version do you have? What if you reset the application data?

If Windows, use Alt key to expose menu bar:

Version and Reset application data option are under the Help menu:

NOTE: I am currently on 0.5.2:

Userlevel 1

Timer music doesn’t seem to be playing for my boards in the Miro app today (April 13).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Callista Chen - When you say we, this is two or more people that all can’t rear it on separate computers?

Here’s the full process I am following to select timer music:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BEuZ6MGaxu-GBI6u8iJRCp6GYOKrsSNP/view?usp=sharing

Have you tried it using a Miro App? https://miro.com/apps/

Thank you, for the test, @Robert Johnson!  Nope, I cannot hear the music on your timer, either.  I’ll try to login at another location and see if that changes things.  We don’t have a VPN.)  Thank you!  Please send any other ideas - I appreciate it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Callista Chen - I just tested in both the latest Chrome browser and Miro desktop app and can hear the music.

If it isn’t working for a group of users who are on the same network, e.g., a corporate VPN, “streaming music” may be blocked.

@Marina we love this new feature, but we can’t hear the timer or the music!  Any ideas?  :grinning: Thank you!

Userlevel 4

Hey @Isman Tanuri Correct, Guest Editors can not control Timer, only see it on the board when it is running.