NEW! Announcing the Miro app for Zoom

NEW! Announcing the Miro app for Zoom
Userlevel 3

Hello, Miro! Today we are thrilled to share the launch of the #1 most requested feature from you all over the past year: introducing the Miro app for Zoom. Now teams can seamlessly open a Miro board directly in their Zoom meeting, share it with meeting participants, and co-create together — all without switching tools. 

✅To get started, add the Miro app for Zoom, and read more about our partnership with Zoom on our blog

❓Need help? Read more about getting the most out of the Miro app for Zoom in our Help Center. To access Miro’s app, admin must approve & enable Zoom Apps for your team’s account, which you can read about in our Admin Guide.

🚀Today we are LIVE on Product Hunt. Check us out, and let us know what you think in the Product Hunt comments!

We can’t wait to see how you all use Miro in Zoom to make your meetings more human. 

68 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello David,

That’s excellent news!!
However, I having problems trying to install it. Are you aware of this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 1

Hello David,

That’s excellent news!!

Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue even when upgrading zoom app

Finally Miro on Zoom is working!! I think the developers have worked out to solve the token for connection issue.

Logged in!

Userlevel 1

It’s working!!

Thanks @David Grabner and congratulations for this incredible feature!

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, we had some hiccups to start with but all should be resolved now. 

Please re-install the Miro app for Zoom via our landing page https://miro.com/works-with-zoom/

If any issues persist feel free to post them here or contact our support team. Looking forward to you user feedback. Thanks

IT WORKED!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@David Grabner It is now all good on my side too. Thank you ! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@David Grabner can someone tell me how to switch accounts?  It only seems to read my personal account and I cannot switch to login with my work email.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and this still does not work.

HELP PLEASE

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Max Harper that is a great observation and we will reach out to you and other shortly about this. 

In short Zoom is providing a very restricted webview that requires 3rd party apps and content to be whitelisted and requires OWASP headers to allow these navigational requests. 

It’s our plan to enable these shortly. Ping me directly if needed. Thanks

Awesome - thank you! 

Userlevel 3

@Steve Freedkin thanks for you question and your well defined inputs. Really appreciate this.

At the moment we do not have a possibility on the Zoom side to also include breakouts into the new app we build but are working with Zoom to hopefully unlock this in the near future. We will keep this topic updated. 

Thanks

Thank you! This is awesome!!

I ran into a one small issue where something works in the browser version of Miro but not in the Zoom app version.

Scenario:

For quick voting sessions I add a “thumbs up” :thumbsup: and a “thumbs down” :thumbsdown: emoji to the bottom of each sticky note. Collaborators can click on the emoji to increase the count next to the emoji icon (clicking it a second will remove their vote and decrease the number next to the emoji icon).

This functionality works in the browser, but not in the Zoom app. If a participant wants to add a +1 count to the emoji in the Zoom app, they have to select the sticky note → choose the emoji icon from the pop-up edit menu → search for the “thumbs up/down” emoji → add it to the sticky note.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 3

@Jeremy Myers thanks for surfacing this to us. This should work the same as in the web-app.

We will take a look and get back to you.

I’m having some problems integrating Zoom and Miro. I managed to successfully install the miro onto zoom and updated my zoom to the latest one.

But now when I get to this stage,

i choose my team and click next, then it pops up an error

“This Link in Invalid”

Is anyone facing the same problem?

This morning, I tried the Miro app inside Zoom for the first time, after being an avid Miro/Zoom user for 2 years.

The advantage: I can share a Miro board with the participants of the Zoom meeting with really little effort (one click or so).

The disadvantage: I see all (more than 40) Miro boards in the app on one screen, no project structure behind it. I am trainer and I create 5-10 new boards per training week, so I definitely need to see the project structure so that I don’t share the boards from a previous cohort with this week’s cohort!

Could you add projects to the app, please?

I had this problem last week, but looks to be working today and I can access my boards in Zoom... I’m excited to try this out!!

Userlevel 3

Hi @fzetts that doesnt seem right. Do you see teams available in your dashboard? If not please submit a support request. Thanks

Userlevel 1

I already recieved an email from Zoom that the app was installed.

Is there any tip or tutorial to learn how to enable the board within the zoom meeting?

Thank you!

Hi @David Grabner I tried installing Google Drive:

Also no team shows up in the drop down.

Going to clear cache and reinstalling everything from scratch.

Thanks!

Hello David,

That’s excellent news!!

Thanks in advance.

Same problem on my Zoom app on macOS Big Sur, Zoom v.5.7.3 (809) Pro account. Can’t configure Miro connection from Miro app page on Zoom Market Place -- it brings this error message.

I got Zoom to recognize the Miro app, but got the following error when I tried to open it in Zoom: Unable to get Miro access token. Zoom user not found.

@Thana and @Denise Dziwak Although I received the same message, zoom sent me an email saying “You just installed Miro from the Zoom App Marketplace.”. 

Maybe Zoom is having trouble notifying the complete installation on the web.

Zoom sends notification to account owner every time an app was installed or uninstalled—not a report of a problem.

Userlevel 3

Hi everyone, we had some hiccups to start with but all should be resolved now. 

Please re-install the Miro app for Zoom via our landing page https://miro.com/works-with-zoom/

If any issues persist feel free to post them here or contact our support team. Looking forward to you user feedback. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@David Grabner 
Excited to see this integration! Looking forward to testing it live with team and clients. 

I am finding it odd, however, that unlike (for example) the Airtable-Miro embed integration, the embedded boards in the Zoom integration do read your Miro user acct, but don’t provide you with any access to your team-installed Miro App Marketplace apps.

Perhaps the integration dev team is missing something simple in this case … or perhaps they made a conscious decision to restrict marketplace apps in the context of the Zoom+Miro app.  

cc: @Boris Borodyansky 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

It’s working!!

Thanks @David Grabner and congratulations for this incredible feature!

Lucky you @juan ian ! Still not working on my end. :rolling_eyes:

Userlevel 1
Badge

HI, I was able to get this connected however I am running into another issue.  I have two MIRO accounts, one associated with a work email and another with a personal email address. 

When I click the sign in option it take me to a webpage and asks me to select a TEAM - but those teams are in my personal account.  It does not give me the option to put in which email address i want to sign in with, so I can’t get to sign in with my work email and get to the board there.

can someone tell me how to switch accounts with the zoom integration?

Thanks

I’m not managing to use the app in zoom. when trying to sign in I’m getting a message sign-in failed, try again. Any advice?