Introducing Miro for Google Calendar

• 16 December 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi there, 

I’m glad to announce that Miro for Google Calendar is available in Chrome Web Store for everyone :tada:

:projector: Check out this short video.

Why are we doing the integration with Google Calendar?
The Miro for Google Calendar extension takes the stress out of meeting setup for organizers and gives participants the access they need to make meetings more productive.

Use the new extension to add Miro boards to any Google Calendar event in just a few clicks and ensure meeting participants have the appropriate view, comment, or edit access ahead of time, so meetings go off without a hitch.

What functionalities are available already?

• Simple meeting set-up with a one-click option to create a new board;
  • Quick access to existing boards through board picker interface with options to add or change access settings;
  • Automatic board access for invitees added to the calendar event, including those added after the initial invitation.

Read the blog to learn more and the Help Center article for installation instructions.

And please share your feedback about the integration in the comments below. Thank you! :hugging:

11 replies

This is a great feature. I have it setup with my Google Calendar, and the “Create new board” option works perfectly. However, when I select “Choose existing board,” the dialog box disappears. Then, when I try to make a new calendar event, there is no longer a Miro option at all. After I refresh the page, the extension shows up again.

Userlevel 2

This is a great feature. I have it setup with my Google Calendar, and the “Create new board” option works perfectly. However, when I select “Choose existing board,” the dialog box disappears. Then, when I try to make a new calendar event, there is no longer a Miro option at all. After I refresh the page, the extension shows up again.

Hey Ryan, thank you for pointing this out. I will check this issue with the team and come back with an update.

@Anton Kuksin Hello again! Any updates on this issue? I just tried it again this morning and had the same problem.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ryan Wagner / @Anton Kuksin - After hearing about Ryan’s issue, I started playing around with the extension a bit myself and have noted inconsistent behaviour when I click on the “Move options” button for a new event modal - the Miro extension does not always load in the new modal. At first I thought it was related to the location of the first modal, but I couldn’t consistently reproduce it.

When I click on a day, the extension always loads for me, but it doesn’t always load in the second modal.

Here it is in action:

Hoping they can resolve this, as it is a really cool integration.

Userlevel 2

Hey @Ryan Wagner, @Robert Johnson,

It seems that we managed to understand the reason for this behavior, and we have rolled out a fix.

Try to reproduce the issue again, but with the latest version of the extension (1.380).

It will install automatically after a while. You can also force its installation by uninstalling and installing the extension again.

Let me know the results.

Thank you!

@Anton Kuksin Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it still is not working for me...It is having the same problem I stated above.

The Miro options show up, the “new board” feature works, but when I select “choose existing board,” it closes the dialog box. Then, when I try again, the Miro option is gone completely. It return after I refresh the page, but still no luck using it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Anton Kuksin - I had not received the latest version yet, so I removed and re-installed and my issue of the Miro options not always appearing in the “More options”/fullscreen modal has been resolved.

Cheers!

Userlevel 2

@Anton Kuksin Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it still is not working for me...It is having the same problem I stated above.

The Miro options show up, the “new board” feature works, but when I select “choose existing board,” it closes the dialog box. Then, when I try again, the Miro option is gone completely. It return after I refresh the page, but still no luck using it.

Hey @Ryan Wagner,

Thank you for checking! I should clarify, the issue is recurring exactly with the latest version of the extension (1.380)?

@Anton Kuksin Yes, I am on that version. I also removed and re-installed it...Not sure what the problem is. Thank you for staying in touch on this, though.

@Anton Kuksin It’s working now!