Grids Feedback

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

We just released Grids to Miro users and are actively looking for feedback. If you have this feature, tried it and feel like sharing your thoughts with us, don’t hesitate to let us know! 

105 replies

Userlevel 4

I would loooove to try this out. But it's not yet available on our team account. How could I get access to it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I would loooove to try this out. But it's not yet available on our team account. How could I get access to it?

Hi Rico, Grids are now available to select teams using Miro, and we’re hoping to roll them out to everyone really (like really) soon. So, please, stay tuned for updates.  

Userlevel 4

... hoping to roll them out to everyone really (like really) soon.

Very eagerly waiting this feature. I can see my inner-child waiting for the elevator, but still mashing that button in hopes it gets here faster.

Ah - come on just release it :) This feature would be a dealbreaker :)

Userlevel 1

I am currently working on something which badly require this grid,  I am struggling to build the Grid using Table.  Can you please enable this feature for me

@Lena Shenkarenko Hello! Could very much use the feature right now as my team is considering using Miro to build out several new templates (rather than use Figma for this). Could we get access to the beta for using Grids? If helpful, would be happy to provide detailed feedback on it along the way.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Richard_RTB, @Study Agile, @Micah Davis – please, DM me info about the accounts you want this feature enabled for and I’ll ask our dev team to roll it out for you :) 

Userlevel 1

I’m looking into this feature for user requirements gathering, but it looks like the text you type directly into the cells will NOT be exported into an CSV excel file. I know it will work with sticky notes, but that’s an extra move on the guest users part (shout out to the guest editing feature!), and sticky notes have a text limit, and putting a text box in there might get confusing for them to know if this is the text box or the cell in the grid. 

TLDR; can we get the direct text in the cells of the grids to export too? 

Userlevel 1

Hi 

Did anyone received this feature? @Lena Shenkarenko where can we see the roadmap for this feature.

Userlevel 1

update: the lines function glitches when resizing within a cell of the grid. 

Hi,
I just signed up and the feature I need is this - Grids
How can I get access? This is a deal-breaker to use Miro if we don’t have grids.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4

Some feedback. I would like to group elements that are inside the grid. But I am unable to do that. I can select multiple items, but it doesn't let me group.

The work-around is to move the stuff outside of the grid, group it, and then move it back in.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Some feedback. I would like to group elements that are inside the grid. But I am unable to do that. I can select multiple items, but it doesn't let me group.

The work-around is to move the stuff outside of the grid, group it, and then move it back in.

Thanks for the feedback – noted! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

update: the lines function glitches when resizing within a cell of the grid. 

Sorry to hear something is glitching! It’d be very helpful if you could DM me with a quick video (you can use Loom to record one, for example) to show what exactly is happening there. 

How soon until this is generally released? I am seeing about using this for remote D&D.

There, I superimpose a map onto a grid since the characters can only move so far. Having a grid means I won’t have to do this manually and lock each gridline. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Lena Shenkarenko 

Thank you for enabling this feature for testing.  A quick feedback on the feature

• feature is very good and the auto column adjust works like a charm
  • Issue with alignment of icons / images in the cells:  if you place icon in the cell and when you click on align left/center/right the image is not aligning accordingly
  • Cannot clear Grid Title:  feature is not allowing to clear the Grid Title even if you want to just add space to clear the title that is also not working
  • Text Alignment in Cells:  As of now Grid only supports left/center/right alignments it would be good if Top/Middle/Bottom alignments are also provided

​Will give more feedback as and when I came across any issue

Userlevel 1

Different behaviour using grid feature in Web and windows app.

In Browser,  I was able to select number of rows and columns while selecting the grid.  But in windows app I am not able to select number of rows & columns and grid is by default creating as 3x3  See the video for more clarity

https://www.loom.com/share/6bb32f4fc9d548bea4d1cc2470a6781a

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

How soon until this is generally released? I am seeing about using this for remote D&D.

There, I superimpose a map onto a grid since the characters can only move so far. Having a grid means I won’t have to do this manually and lock each gridline. 

Coming soon! Please, stay tuned :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Different behaviour using grid feature in Web and windows app.

In Browser,  I was able to select number of rows and columns while selecting the grid.  But in windows app I am not able to select number of rows & columns and grid is by default creating as 3x3  See the video for more clarity

https://www.loom.com/share/6bb32f4fc9d548bea4d1cc2470a6781a

Thanks for giving us feedback, Bhaskar! Please, keep it coming. After the Grids v.1 is released, we’ll continue adding more features and improving the UX, so all of your feedback is super helpful. I already shared it with the product team working on Grids. 

Is it live today? I got a notice in my board that I could use it but when i try to drop it into my board, it doesn't appear. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Lena,

it’s so cool - so good.

Noticed one thing:

Add a grid with 5x6 or so cells

Add in one cell an arrow:

Move the grid … arrow doesn’t move …

And an additonal wish:

Make Mindmaps elements move into the gridsections, too.

This would be great.

I am so fascinated about this new tool.

Great work!!!
Michael

Userlevel 1

Excited about this given we use a lot of spreadsheets!  Ran into an issue where I can’t seem to be able to select one cell at a time to actually type text into each cell.  Could it be this part is not enabled or what am I doing wrong?

I cannot seem to delete a row or column.  not trash icon is available, as shown in the help instructions. I can only ADD. A toggle that changes “add” to “remove” might be nice, like holding shift changes + to -. 

Testing out the grid functionality today and wondering whether there is a plan in the roadmap to include import or copy from excel/spreadsheets into the grids (not as stickies)? This would be HUGE, particularly for building project timelines in Miro. 

Really like the ability to resize columns and rows to accommodate content, and color-coding of cells, rows, and columns. 

I cannot seem to delete a row or column.  not trash icon is available, as shown in the help instructions. I can only ADD. A toggle that changes “add” to “remove” might be nice, like holding shift changes + to -. 

When I hover over a cell in the grid, I see a ‘3-dot’ icon floating at the far end of the row and at the top of the column for that cell. If I click that icon, a toolbar menu opens which includes a trash can to delete either the row or column, depending upon which 3-dot menu was opened. Hope that helps!