Access Miro from your favorite tools with Live Embed

• 15 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share a little bit more about Miro Live Embed which we announced yesterday. Miro Live Embed enables you to access your Miro boards from many of your favorite team collaboration products, including: Airtable, Coda, Confluence, Jira Software, Trello, Procore, RemoteHQ, and Whereby. 

We hope the Live Embed experience makes your workflows simpler, removing the need for hopping between tabs and tools, and helps put the whiteboard at your fingertips when you need it most.

We also hope that we can make it easy for any product or service to benefit from a live collaborative whiteboard experience, without requiring a lot of development effort. Our API makes it really easy to integrate Live Embeds, with partners having done it in just a few hours. If you’re interested in integrating we’d also love to hear from you

Check out the announcement blog, share with your friends and co-workers, and let us know what you think or what tools you’d like to see with live embed!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This is a pretty cool capability - I wonder if there’d be a way to replace the native whiteboard capability of platforms like Zoom or WebEx with Miro in this manner?

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Hi There, Is this available??
I read the announcement and it seemed like it is. We’re Teams users and we’re using Miro quite a bit as our whiteboard space in our Digital team. We’d love to make use of live embed in our show + tells and documentation. 

Is it a private Beta or something? I filled in the form anyway, I’m just a little confused on the status of this.

Userlevel 1

I read the announcement and it seemed like it is. We’re Teams users and we’re using Miro quite a bit as our whiteboard space in our Digital team. We’d love to make use of live embed in our show + tells and documentation. 

Is it a private Beta or something? I filled in the form anyway, I’m just a little confused on the status of this.

Hey Gav! Yep, Live Embed for MS Teams is available. Take a look at our help center article for some more detailed information about installing and using it. First, you need to find Miro in the Microsoft Teams Store to install it or you can use the direct link. If it is not listed there, you might need to ask your MS Teams admin for permission to access it. 

Please give it a try!

Hello,

We have a web-app for online education that contains rooms for online conferences and workshops. We want to bring Miro’s real-time, collaborative whiteboard into our conference rooms, so that our clients can login into their accounts and bring their whiteboards to work together in our conference rooms. So my doubt would be: if I’m working with clients in Miro, should I use Consultant Plan or Enterprise Plan? (considering they are working in Miro embedded in our web-app).

About the implementation
What would be the correct Miro tool to be used to create this functionality? I understand that Boards Picker allows bringing specific apps for specific teams, but is the same tool (Boards Picker) capable of bringing clients’ boards into my conference room?

PS.: Whereby (app for conferences) has the exact same functionality that we want to implement (see image below). It means that they bring clients’ collaborative whiteboards into conference room - when you choose Miro in Whereby, a login popup appears and then your boards. So which plan should I choose and which of Miro’s Developers functionalities should I use to create this experience for my users?

We already have our clientID for our app. Following your documentation I should inform you of this number. How do I do it? I’d like to understand how we can implement this as quickly as possible.

Again, the most urgent question for us is: where do I post or how do I send you my clientID following the instruction of the documentation?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hey Gav! Yep, Live Embed for MS Teams is available. Take a look at our help center article for some more detailed information about installing and using it. First, you need to find Miro in the Microsoft Teams Store to install it or you can use the direct link. If it is not listed there, you might need to ask your MS Teams admin for permission to access it. 

Please give it a try!

Ah! Sorry, understand now. I thought it was something new - swept up n  the moment. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Rodolfo Espinosa Bueno , really glad about your interest in embedding Miro intro your tool.

Boards Picker provides exact functionality you’re asking for: your clients will be working on their boards, embedded into your web app.

About the client_id of your app - I will reach to you additionally in DM.