Templates and Editing/Usability

• 13 July 2021
  • 2 replies

I just started using Miro! I am finding that the templates are not very easily editable. Especially on the graphs, when trying to edit the text, I keep deleting other things. Took me about 10 minutes to figure it out. I am not sure if this is just me, or if others have faced this issue. A good idea would be to provide some tips on how to edit. 

I am used to using other software's like Prezi, Trello etc and never found an issue with this, so I was shocked I found this difficult to use. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Alexandria Abishegam -

Each template has varying levels of elegance and usability. Some are very much “locked down” limiting your interactions to supported behavior only whereas others are just combinations of Miro shapes and hence permit full flexibility.

Having a good “Definition of Done” for Miro templates including instructions on their proper use sounds like a great suggestion to me. 

Kiron

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Alexandria, glad to have you on board!

Improving our templates is one of our core priorities and while I cannot outline the exact details just yet, rest assured that the next update will go deep and wide on many of our most popular templates – graphs and diagrams being among them.

We look at everything, from usability, to instructions, to new templates. It is my very job to improve the template experience, so please let me know which templates you struggled with most. We review these comments regularly.

Some tips:

As for the usability, diagrams often consist of shapes and lines. Follow the links to learn about these tools or look here for an explanation of all tools. 

If selecting objects is tricky, check out this general overview on how to select multiple objects. There is also this trick to select the objects of the same type: 

1. Select many objects.
  2. Click on where it says 15 objects in my picture
  3. Select an object type
  4. Only those objects will be selected.

Lastly: If you are looking for a more general and guided overview, check out the Getting Started course on Miro Academy. It teaches you the key skills that help you get most out of Miro.

I hope this helps! :)