Planning like a ninja

• 25 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4

Howdy!

Since I’m accountable for several teams, I find it very crucial to plan thoroughly. It helps me to execute on a top-level and collect all the ideas / upcoming projects in one place.

When I started to work at Miro, there were no cards at all, but I wanted somehow to use an agile philosophy in my day-to-day work, so I ended up with quite a primitive yet useful ‘Kanban Calendar’:

Do you have anything similar in your bins? What kind of approach do you use in achieving the same goal? Would love to learn from you if I can improve my Frankenstein :sweat_smile:

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for sharing, this is a good idea, I will replicate it with some modifications for my daily activity management

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi!

I’m doing something similar but for quarterly resource planning. I’ve got months and weeks within a month up top, our clients on the left side, and then resources spanned in the middle.

I’ve been searching to see if anyone else is utilizing Miro in this way - as I’m struggling a bit with two things:

1. keeping all these grey boxes aligned (you can see there’s a bit of a layout issue in the middle there)
  2. would love to be able to “pin” the months and weeks in the same way you freeze a row on Google Sheets

I built this before Grids was released so I might just need to re-create this as a grid?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow! Looks impressive, @Michelle Murphy :heart_eyes:

It may be more convenient with the Grid tool, indeed. 

Btw, are you interested in submitting your amazing template to Miroverse:slight_smile:  

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Wow! Looks impressive, @Michelle Murphy :heart_eyes:

It may be more convenient with the Grid tool, indeed. 

Btw, are you interested in submitting your amazing template to Miroverse:slight_smile:  

@Marina would love to! how does that process work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Michelle Murphy

Basically, you will need to click Publish your board in the bottom right corner here.

You will also find more information in these helpful articles :relaxed:

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Got it, will do @Marina thank you!