I am looking for a customer journey mapping template that is adaptable and automatically changing when I am adding a new step

• 11 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone, I am new to miro.

I am looking for a customer journey mapping template that is adptable and automatically changing, for instance, when I am adding a new customer journey step inbetween.

I was going through the customer journey mapping templates and wondering whether its possible to edit each individual step. For instance, I would like to add customer journey steps inbetween while all following customer journey steps are automatically moving. Is there a template that is applicable to my desire? There is no need that it calls “customer journey map”. I am also fine with any other process flow that makes it possible to have a “living” journey / flow. I hope my problem / situation is clear ,-) 

I  hope that you can help me out. 

Thanks in advance! 

Best wishes from Berlin

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mira Blagojevic -

For the most part, templates are very flexible so you should be able to modify or extend them as needed to fit your needs. There may be some locked elements within them which you’d need to unlock.

You’d import the template which most closely fits your needs into a new board, edit it to better match your requirements, and then save that board as a new custom, shared template (assuming you wanted to share it with your co-workers).

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale 

Are there any videos or tutorials that explain how to adapt an existing template? 

I am referring to the “Customer Journey Map 2” Template (see screenshot). I can easily edit the text boxes. But how would I add another touchpoint (little dot plus text box)? What if I need another blue dot within stage 1 (blue area in the template)? Is there a function with a “plus button” that helmps me adding further dots within the template? Or do I have to adapt that template manually by moving, coping and pasting?

Mira

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mira Blagojevic -

I took a look at this template and it looks like there are no groupings or special behavior associated with any of the objects so unfortunately it will be a manual copy & paste exercise.

What you could do to simplify matters is to group one set of objects (e.g. blue dot, dotted line, text box) and then duplicate or copy & paste that. 

Kiron