COVID-19-ready In-person Workshops using Miro

• 13 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cooler than cool! 

In reality, sticky notes and flip charts can possibly be transmission tools! As facilitators and trainers, what can you do to be prepared for COVID-19 prevention once you head back to classrooms?

Use a Miro board in the classroom and keep the conversations inclusive and opinions diverse. The image above explains itself. This is an Agile Marketing training workshop conducted by 2 of my close partners based in Holland.

While this may be de rigueur way of working for some of you, I personally never thought of this even though I had trained my partners on using Miro for online facilitation!

What's missing is perhaps (and for bigger classes) individual screens for each group that can become "group flip charts". It will be interesting to see how this can be configured in a classroom to accommodate Miro screens.

Read my original post on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/ismantanuri_miro-onlinefacilitation-onlinetraining-activity-6688282629231521792-erAE

PS. photo used with friendly permission :)

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Excellent point, Isman!

We are actually also preparing for a big live workshop in the next weeks and I was actually thinking about the measures we will have to take, considering there will be 20 or more people in the room, and this is such an amazing idea, thank you so much for sharing :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Glad this post came at the right time for you, @Martina Crnkovic. I would love to hear how that workshop turns out with the Miro hack :)

Userlevel 4

Hi

Thnx for sharing :)

I agree the collaboration tool in the physical classroom is a useful paradigm - Not that I intend to ever run another class where people have to travel!

(and I think i detect Cynefin on the screens in the picture?)

@Martina Crnkovic do let us know how it goes :)

Stay safe