Miro + Breakout Room + Webex

• 18 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Hello!

Recently I attended a online workshop and there the facilitator used the Miro and Zoom. So, he separated the groups through the "breakout rooms".

We do not have Zoom, but we have the Cisco Webex Meeting solution. So, can anyone tell me if Miro's Breakout Rooms works with Webex Meeting? Or, is there any other alternative to breakout rooms besides Zoom?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dionei Piazza -

I don’t believe it is available in the native WebEx meetings product but it is available in WebEx Training according to this help page: https://help.webex.com/en-us/nf7jjd5/Set-Up-Breakout-Sessions-When-You-Schedule-a-Cisco-Webex-Training-Session

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale 

Thank you for the help! 

Hi @Dionei Piazza I work a lot with  Webex and there are no breakoutrooms. One workaround I use is to create a „Room plan“ with different Webex Links. That can be in the miro Board or an pptx sent to am parricipants. Caution: there can be only 2 webex calls startet same time by one host. 

it works good.Sometimes I talk to a several group of participants (Change Agents, Teamleads,...) to host one of the braeakouts and create the link. In groups that are used to work that way we create Webex links in realtime in the Workshop. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@CarolinHolzer :

There are breakoutrooms in WebEx:

Or you can use miro like I showed it in this thread:

https://community.miro.com/best-practices-discussions-48/zoom-and-miro-best-practices-to-combine-these-tools-197?postid=644#post644

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mlanders -

Michael, is the version of WebEx you are using the WebEx Training product as this Cisco web page indicates that feature is only available with that version of the product:

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Kiron Bondale :

We use Meetings - but they updated their packages and now it’s included.
If you want to stay safe I recommend to contact someone of the webex sales team.

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks @mlanders - I’m guessing WebEx must have added that feature to the basic offering post-pandemic to remain competitive with Zoom :grinning:

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

:thumbsup:@Kiron Bondale : Totally agree with you. I personally prefer zoom and I always recommend it.