Miro and large groups of users

• 10 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi Miro Community 

I’m going to run a session for 140 people on a relatively simple board. Most will use Miro on a browser. They will only use sticky notes, nothing else. Communication is running over Zoom Webinar… Is there anything I need to be aware of? Any best practices? 

Looking forward to hearing any tips and tricks. 

Tom 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Tom Venning -

1. Use a simple ice breaker along with an image or two to help onboard them to Miro so they aren’t struggling with using it.
  2. Teach them how to turn off collaborator cursors as 140 buzzing around will make them dizzy!
  3. Provide them with pre-created packs of sticky notes so they don’t have to create their own.

Kiron

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Tom Venning Curious to know how was your experience here. I’ve heard in the past that the board performance is affected with large number of users but haven’t experienced this myself.

Over all a great experience and thanks @Kiron Bondale for your advice… 

Re board performance @Mishal … My board was quite ‘passive’ so not much interaction which meant there were no performance issues. 

I’ve run very dynamic session on large complex boards with up to 60 people interacting at the same time. No problems at all… for the participants with fast internet connections. Anyone on a slow connection struggled to use the board. But that is true for any board. 

Hope that helps. 

Tom 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Great. Makes sense. Thanks for sharing!