Insights gathering and synthesis templates

• 5 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey team 

I’m looking for templates that can help gather research, insights (qual) and help synthesise during qual research across UX and also Comms and Social Impact scenarios.

Does anyone have any links or suggestions?

Lindsey Meredith 3 years ago

Hi Dimitri,

I often use Miro to synthesize insights from surveys or interviews. However, I don’t typically use any template for this. My workflow is all sticky notes based. It usually goes like this:

1. I’ll use the spreadsheet → sticky shortcut to get all the insights I want to synthesize on the board. (Highlight the cells and ctrl+c, then once on a Miro board, ctrl +v to create stickies.) 
  2. I use board search (top right corner) to identify and cluster themes. I’ll scan the stickies and identify a keyword or phrase that I think there’s a theme around, like “workshop.”
  3. I put that word into the board search (top right). I click the filter icon, then select what object to search on (“in: notes” for sticky notes, default is “everywhere”), and then click, “select all” to select all of the matching objects at once. 
  4. Once they’re all selected, I’ll use auto-arrange to auto-cluster them, change their color so they visually stand out, and add a tag.

This is generally how I quickly create clusters and identify themes from qualitative research in Miro. Hope it helps! 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dimitri Antonopoulos,

Have you already browsed our Miroverse? Maybe there’s something appropriate.

Userlevel 1

Hi Marina. yes and couldn’t find much so thought I’d ask here.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Dimitri,

I often use Miro to synthesize insights from surveys or interviews. However, I don’t typically use any template for this. My workflow is all sticky notes based. It usually goes like this:

1. I’ll use the spreadsheet → sticky shortcut to get all the insights I want to synthesize on the board. (Highlight the cells and ctrl+c, then once on a Miro board, ctrl +v to create stickies.) 
  2. I use board search (top right corner) to identify and cluster themes. I’ll scan the stickies and identify a keyword or phrase that I think there’s a theme around, like “workshop.”
  3. I put that word into the board search (top right). I click the filter icon, then select what object to search on (“in: notes” for sticky notes, default is “everywhere”), and then click, “select all” to select all of the matching objects at once. 
  4. Once they’re all selected, I’ll use auto-arrange to auto-cluster them, change their color so they visually stand out, and add a tag.

This is generally how I quickly create clusters and identify themes from qualitative research in Miro. Hope it helps! 

Userlevel 1

Hey @Lindsey Meredith  This is really great thank you for sharing! 
I’m piecing together different ideas and will create a simple workflow — will share once I’m done.