Have you used Miro for employee recognition/appreciation during virtual meetings?

• 28 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Every month, our larger department team has a virtual team meeting. We wanted to introduce Miro as a way of injecting some interactivity into the meeting. One idea we had was to incorporate some sort of employee recognition into it so I was wondering what ideas the community had.

Have you ever run activities that incorporate employee recognition or appreciation?

Things to consider:

• There will probably be anywhere from 65-80 people attending, all virtually through Teams.
  • Most have never used Miro and many likely haven’t used an online whiteboard.
  • The meeting is an hour but we can count on some department updates and Q&A, so the activity should only be 30-45 minutes.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Barbara Sedlack - I have used a frame similar to this before in order to recognition the winners of a friendly competition. It is a hidden frame with a few pictures found using the Google image search (and my Bitmoji). Then I unhide the frame and then I used the new reactions feature to throw some confetti around - others can join in if they wish.

My team is fairly small and is very conformable using Miro. However, in the past we have invited others to our Microsoft Team’s meeting and I have just shared the Miro board via my screen share.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Every month, our larger department team has a virtual team meeting. We wanted to introduce Miro as a way of injecting some interactivity into the meeting. One idea we had was to incorporate some sort of employee recognition into it so I was wondering what ideas the community had.

Have you ever run activities that incorporate employee recognition or appreciation?

Things to consider:

• There will probably be anywhere from 65-80 people attending, all virtually through Teams.
  • Most have never used Miro and many likely haven’t used an online whiteboard.
  • The meeting is an hour but we can count on some department updates and Q&A, so the activity should only be 30-45 minutes.

You could create certificates. Place them within a frame and hide the frame until it’s show time. Then bring everyone’s cursor to that area for the big reveal! :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

These are both amazing ideas, thank you!

Any tips on which games or activities might work for a large group like mine?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Barbara Sedlack -

You could give teams a puzzle to solve and recognize the team who solves it the fastest. There’s been at least one thread over the past year in the community where a jigsaw puzzle board was shared but you could use any third-party jigsaw puzzle maker and take the individual piece images and import those into your board.

Another option if you want to focus on overall group collaboration rather than competition between smaller teams is to have a large number of components (e.g. people, plants, animals, landscape elements) and have folks construct a virtual village.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Barbara Sedlack If you need to make this employee appreciation and recognition activity simple and easy, here’s a Kudo Wall format that I use for my Management 3.0 workshops.

You can recreate that in Miro, similar to this one that I created for a client. The tools that you need would be to “bring everyone to the space”, demo how to double click on sticky notes to edit and drag them to desired space. That should be simple enough :)

If you need an idea for a puzzle as suggested by Kiron, here’s one :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

And such events can be made interactive with the reactions feature

And even more exciting with the Reactions tool soon!