Embedding Tableau and Data Viz

• 23 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Has anyone built an embedded data visualization whiteboard framework on Miro? Specifically looking to use Miro as a data product (dashboards) development environment. By embedding Tableau or other designs, comments and feedback can be tracked. Examples with Jira integration are welcome for data engineering/analytics team collaboration. 

Thank you. 

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Parzival. As for Tableau - you can't proceed with the real time integration cause miro does not allow code embedding into the board. As a workaround I used to download the static dashboard from Tableau and  upload it to my dashboard in miro. The only issue you should take into account is the resolution of the file (jpg/pdf) uploaded from Tableau. Out of my experience I used to upload .pdf due to the better quality and ability to comply with miro zoom in capability. Especially if you have complex charts or analytics with a plenty of details

Another option is the standard web-capture capability of miro. It comes in 3 steps:  copy link, paste the link and finally crop the image. II have enclosed the simple illustration below. Hope it would help. But again - it would be static snapshot of your tableau dashboard

Userlevel 4
Badge

Appreciate the help, Andrey. I was doing it myself just a moment ago and your answer game me the info I needed

Userlevel 1

Thank you @ANDREY TATARENKO .  Good workaround but with Miro’s great API integrations I was hoping for more real-time data feeds.  Any hints @Stewart Wolfe on getting real-time data feed data from API data sources into Miro?  Stock Tickers, Event Databases, etc?  Thanks.