Best practice for inviting Members AND Guest Editors

• 24 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I’m planning a workshop where we will have about 20 participants. About half of the participants are Members (we have the Team paid plan), the other half I’ll plan to invite as Guest Editors. 

Using the Share function from the board, what is the smoothest method for inviting all participants into the board? I believe that using the “invite via email” option is best for the paid Members….and the “Share board link” option best for Guest Editors. Do I need to do a combination of these, or (ideally) can I just use one option for all participants?

Thanks everyone! 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Adam Miller -

If you have the board URL, the simplest approach is to just send an e-mail to the participants with that URL. Folks who are team members will be recognized as such as “named” users whereas those which are not will show up as guest editors.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale  Ok, so you bypass the “Share” functions entirely? Thanks for this idea, I’ll test it out! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Adam Miller -

Sorry Adam, you’d still need to Share it using the “Anyone with the link” option first, and then send the participants the URL to the board.

Kiron