Accessibility

Have been using Miro for a while and love the possibilities it brings to be able to collaborate with a remote team. However, when using these kind of visual tools I wonder how you try to empower users with disabilities? I.e. what’s your status when it comes to improve the accessibility overall of your services?

As an example, when testing using a screen reader (What is a screen reader?) I encountered a few issues emidiatly with the onboarding experience:

• Modals not putting focus on the content
  • Not being able to access the visual information within the board 
  • etc.

This is just one aspect of accessibility and would be interesting to hear how Miro is working with accessibility?

I’m new to Miro and I can see great potential for it in a Higher Education setting. In evaluating new tools like this one, one of our first considerations is accessibility. Just wondering if there are any more developments in this space since the last update from the Miro team a couple of months ago? Is the accessibility statement available?

I’ll watch this space with interest.

It’s been 6 months since this latest deflection of the accessibility question by Miro.  There’s years of asking on the WCAG compliance topic yet no improvements.  Thus a key demographic is locked out of collaborating leading to less diverse ideas being heard on teams.

We need a better response with some actual expectations set please.  Is that too much to ask?

Hello, 

I’m also keen to know if the Accessibility Statement is available yet? I also work in Higher Education and although Miro is a fantastic tool with huge potential for collaborative learning, without accessible features we will really struggle to fully implement the technology… 

Hi everyone,

We have been focused on making Miro more accessible since the beginning of 2021, and now we are excited to share the first updates as we release the beta version of the following accessibility features:

• Sign-in and sign-up flows now better support keyboard navigation
  • We unlocked basic dashboard navigation for screen-reader users: you can choose a project for your team and pick a board using your keyboard
  • The color contrast of the UI elements on the board is WCAG2.1 AA compliant

All of the improvements described above are currently being tested with Miro users and leading UX & accessibility consultants, and our team will continue enhancing the existing functionality as well as adding new features to make our product even more accessible.

Visit Accessibility Statement page to learn more about Miro’s accessibility efforts.

:envelope:  If you are interested in participating in the user testing phase of accessibility features, please, email us at accessibility@miro.com.

Our awesome community members – I’m thrilled to let you know we just released our first bundle of features that helps make Miro more accessible for screen reader users. You can learn more about the update in this thread

Darkmode would be a good accessibility feature too!
accessibility is a good thing

Hello, I am wondering what the experience is currently like for people with low or no vision using screen readers for miro whiteboards? 

I would also welcome a tutorial or templates from Miro on designing for screen readers. 

Thanks!