XP Pen and tablet

• 16 February 2021
  • 5 replies

I have an XP-Pen tablet to make drawing on Miro much easier - I have to mark-up student drawings. I’m having trouble making the pen and tablet function as drawing tools and have to combine pen, tablet and mouse to make everything work effectively. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change? If so, I am finding it difficult to see where. Any help would be appreciated.

5 replies

Im about to buy such tablet to use miro extensively for documenting my startup and transfer knowledge to my team.

I want to know before buying if using this XP PEN tablet with an android tablet will work fine as well with MIRO.

Thanks for any help,

Paul

So between the time I posted this and now I actually find a consistent solution that works for me…

I select the “select” tool by pressing “V” on the keyboard, then unselect it by pressing “V” again (so double “V”). Then I can use the pen to navigate.

I’m on “mouse” navigation mode.

I’m having the same problem. I can’t navigate around the board. If I use the web tool and reload, I can navigate around for a few seconds before it will no longer work. On the app. If I open and close, I can navigate for a few seconds and then same issue happens. Doesn’t matter which setting I have. 

I use Miro daily and I’ve only noticed this issue today. It’s making it extremely hard to use. 

I’m also using XP-PEN.

I am able to use the pen to draw and highlight, but the navigation is awkward.

I have my pen on one hand, with the second hand on the keyboard alternating between “pen” (P), “Text” (T) and “select” (V).

However, to navigate, I have to put down the pen and use the mouse or tablet. I use “mouse” navigation mode.

I tried pressing “space” and use the pen to move, but it doesn’t work.

Hey Duncan, 

Thank you so much for getting in touch! I’m a product manager at Miro working on the board navigation and I’d love to learn more about your experience in using Miro with a tablet. Can I ask you to make a quick Loom video to show how you use Miro and what causes the most friction?

Also could you please check and let me know what navigation mode you are in? You can do that by clicking on the board settings: