Writing on board lag

Userlevel 1

hi 
I am a regular user of miro since 2 yr now… I am a maths teacher.. 

I really loved the way miro support online teaching in todays scenario of covid

i am facing this issue since last 1 week now , my pen has suddenly start writing slowly even when there is not much widget or stuff on whiteboard with only on collaborator on board.. i am using miro on chrome. i write using one by wacom

everything was working fine a month ago, but suddenly all i write  has started lagging after some time 

can someone pls help as it is working fine on other whiteboard service which is provided by my institute

really appreciate the  prompt response

thanks

Balazs Kadosa-Kiss 2 years ago

Hi Damini,

I’m sorry to hear that the issue is still present. Could you please send us a message via the contact form, mention this thread and provide a link to the board so we can further investigate the issue for you?

Thanks in advance 🚀

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Damini,

Although I don’t have access to the board in question, generally speaking I'm afraid that handwriting is one of the heaviest widgets that can slow down board performance. Perhaps, I'd recommend converting some hand written items on the board to images (by making a screenshot of them and replacing the drawings with those screenshots) - this would definitely improve the board performance.

In addition to this, apart from the content, board performance is influenced to a large extent by your device, browser, your network connection, and the number of users collaborating on the board simultaneously. You can learn more about the recommended requirements and technical guidelines in these Help articles: Supported Browsers and System Requirements.

I hope this info helps you achieve the best performance on your end! 🚀

Userlevel 1

thank you Balazs for getting back.. i have been using the whiteboard since more than a year now

everything was working fine till 2 weeks back, i am facing this trouble nowadays  my students are also facing this issue

same work is going fine on Microsoft whiteboard app, why miro is only going laggy?

Userlevel 1

Hi Damini,

I’m sorry to hear that the issue is still present. Could you please send us a message via the contact form, mention this thread and provide a link to the board so we can further investigate the issue for you?

Thanks in advance 🚀

Userlevel 1

I have already raised the request which has the  followingID  

Userlevel 1

I have just downloaded the app and pen is working fine on it!.. but why Miro on browser is not working

For me it was the case as well. In Spring 2021 I was experimenting with sketches in Miro using my Wacom Bamboo tablet, and found that lagging made it unusable in the browser version, but Miro app was surprisingly  fast, actually the sketching experience felt fantastic, given that it is a realtime collaboration tool.

Next time I tried sketching in Miro in Fall 2021, and alas, the app has become as slow as the browser version.

I haven’t used Miro for a few months and I went to use it today and my pen is lagging so much. I can’t find a way to resolve this? I’m using a Lenovo Yoga laptop and pen, with the Miro app.