Word Doc uploaded from OneDrive folder not updating on Miro board after edits

• 11 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everybody,

I have several boards in a project that all have Word Documents uploaded from a OneDrive folder from my organisation’s account . None of them are updating on the Miro board after edits, it just shows blank documents although they are definitely saving OK.

I have used this method of uploading and editing on other boards in a different project, uploaded from documents in my organisaton’s OneDrive account (though from a different folder) and they have worked absolutely fine, refreshing as they should when viewing them on the board. Whether extracting the pages for viewing or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this may be happening?

Thanks for your time,

Adam

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Adoomy,
Thank you for the report!
I’ve converted this post into a support ticket and will reach out to you shortly via email. Stay tuned! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Adoomy - Are you using the update action for the linked document? Example:

Updating files

In order to update a file on a Miro board, please click the respective button on the context menu.

update_OneDrive_file.jpg
Updating OneDrive document on Miro board

Please note that there may be a 15-20 seconds delay in displaying the new data. 

Source: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017731273-OneDrive#h_01FJH99TSNVD56AWYFAP0ZRTSH

The same problem. The document uploaded from OneDrive doesn’t have the “update” button

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey everyone,

It turned out we have a bug on our end that affects single-page Google docs/slides/sheets uploaded to a Miro board - they do not have the refresh or source buttons (while multi-page docs still have the buttons.

Our developers informed us that they don't have the capacity to fix this bug at the moment. We will definitely inform you if the situation changes. 
As a temporary workaround, we suggest you upload multi-page Google docs/slides/sheets, as they are not affected by the bug.

We understand that this is not ideal, and we wish we could be of more help here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hey everyone,

It turned out we have a bug on our end that affects single-page Google docs/slides/sheets uploaded to a Miro board - they do not have the refresh or source buttons (while multi-page docs still have the buttons.

Our developers informed us that they don't have the capacity to fix this bug at the moment. We will definitely inform you if the situation changes. 
As a temporary workaround, we suggest you upload multi-page Google docs/slides/sheets, as they are not affected by the bug.

We understand that this is not ideal, and we wish we could be of more help here!

Is this true of OneDrive docs too?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey Robert,
Yes!

Hi Helga,

It seems that same problem affects Word documents from Dropbox :-(