Windows app won't open, uninstall or update

• 25 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I recently updated my Miro Windows app and after that it doesn’t work any more.
When I try to open it says:

System error: the code execution cannot proceed because ffmpeg.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

When I try to uninstall it says:

Windows cannot find C:\……..\REaltimeBoard\Update.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

And when I want to install the app again, it says:

There was an error while installing the application. Check the setup log for more info and contact the author.

Any ideas what I can do?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ahmad Fotovat -

This sounds like a Miro support request should be opened as they might need to provide you instructions on how to manually fully delete the partially installed instance so you can reinstall it properly. You can open a support request here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

Hey @Kiron Bondale,

Thanks for the advice. For future reference, this was Miro Support team’s instructions, which did the trick:

You do not have the permission to access some specific folder located in your user profile. Could you please try to do the followings:
- Copy the path C:\Users\[windows user name]\AppData\Local open the search bar with the Windows Key on your keyboard and paste it.
- Delete the folder: RealTimeBoard and SquirrelTemp (folders into RealTimeBoard are not accessible for the setup).
- Reinstall Miro with the latest version. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Excellent - thanks for the detailed instructions, @Ahmad Fotovat !

Kiron