When zoom in / out some content disappears

• 21 September 2021
  • 30 replies

Userlevel 1

This is a very annoying issues. Especially when I have to present to serious clients.
I tend to add a lot of images to the board. So when I zoom out some of them just disappear!!! 

I have to zoom in to see them again.

Can you please fix it?

It looks terrible in presentations!

30 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Anastasija 

Thanks for reaching out!

We’ve converted your post into a ticket because this particular case requires further investigation. Rest assured soon you will be approached by Customer Support Team!

To add, the board performance mostly depends on the board content itself: the size and quantity of images and files uploaded to the board. The larger and more packed your board is, the longer it can take to load and the slower to navigate.

The size of your frames can also affect frame or board export and it might require you to split the board into smaller parts (by cutting a part of the board content into a new board to free up the space). We're currently working on some significant improvements here, so the process will be much smoother in the future.

Apart from the content, board performance is influenced to a large extent by your device, browser, and network connection. You can learn more about the recommended requirements and technical guidelines in these articles: Supported Browsers and System Requirements.

For optimal performance, we recommend:

1. Using Chrome browser > opening the board in incognito mode to troubleshoot the performance locally.
  2. Switching to a faster network (you can try different VPNs to speed up the connection).
  3. Using a device with more RAM (not a tablet), if possible.

Finally, feel free to read this article on Tips to Optimize Board Performance for more detailed guidelines.

Hi @Anastasija 

Thanks for reaching out!

We’ve converted your post into a ticket because this particular case requires further investigation. Rest assured soon you will be approached by Customer Support Team!

To add, the board performance mostly depends on the board content itself: the size and quantity of images and files uploaded to the board. The larger and more packed your board is, the longer it can take to load and the slower to navigate.

The size of your frames can also affect frame or board export and it might require you to split the board into smaller parts (by cutting a part of the board content into a new board to free up the space). We're currently working on some significant improvements here, so the process will be much smoother in the future.

Apart from the content, board performance is influenced to a large extent by your device, browser, and network connection. You can learn more about the recommended requirements and technical guidelines in these articles: Supported Browsers and System Requirements.

For optimal performance, we recommend:

1. Using Chrome browser > opening the board in incognito mode to troubleshoot the performance locally.
  2. Switching to a faster network (you can try different VPNs to speed up the connection).
  3. Using a device with more RAM (not a tablet), if possible.

Finally, feel free to read this article on Tips to Optimize Board Performance for more detailed guidelines.

This is not the case. This started happening last week, and has almost made Miro completely unusable.
It started on all my boards no matter the size, and on browser and on the app version. Something changed on Miros end or affected my account. I have searched setting to no avail of any fix.

This happens to me with the Teams integration app.  I’m using the Kanban board template and when I zoom way out, I can see the main title with some truncated.  Then as I start to zoom in, more of the title starts to show up, and then it just disappears completely until I keep zooming in.  Eventually the title and details show in very small text when you zoom in far enough.

In the browser, it doesn’t do this.  This is so frustrating and makes using the Teams integration pretty much impossible.

See attached images of:

Zoomed out (ok)

Zoomed in partially (which is where I would be all of the time - blank title)

Zoomed in quite close (ok)

This is happening with me.

I also watched it happen on my friend’s screenshare in the same exact objects on our Miro. The mironeer’s guesses tell me the mironeer did not understand the issue itself.

I have the same issues, on an iPad Air (2022), as I am using it in combination with the Apple Pencil the disappearing content, in this case random lines of everything I write and draw, it renders Miro on the iPad practically useless to me now. 

Is there a fix for that, it has a huge effect on my work.

Hello, Eje. I have the same problem as you.

And this issue is not like written here.

Because they wrote about disappearing images, but we have disappearing pencil lines, so we can not write and draw now. 
Check my screenshots.

Everything worked good  before yesterday. 
But now don’t.

So if anybody knows how to solve this problem let us know. Or just fix the board please.

I have the same issues, on an iPad Air (2022), as I am using it in combination with the Apple Pencil the disappearing content, in this case random lines of everything I write and draw, it renders Miro on the iPad practically useless to me now. 

Hello, Eje. I have the same problem as you.

And this issue is not like written here.

Because they wrote about disappearing images, but we have disappearing pencil lines, so we can not write and draw now. 
Check my screenshots.

Everything worked good  before yesterday. 
But now don’t.

So if anybody knows how to solve this problem let us know. Or just fix the board please.

Yes, having the exact same issues starting as of Friday 6/2 midday on a Samsung Tab A with S Pen. Pencil strokes would be visible for either a second or as I’m writing, but half of them disappear as soon as I lift stylus, and won’t reappear until I zoom in further. Keeping it zoomed in however does not fix the issue, as I will have to zoom in even further to see those new disappearing strokes. Very annoying to have to refer to the board on my desktop to see what I’m actually writing. 
Issue occurred on my tablet across Miro app, Miro chrome shortcut, Miro in chrome browser, as well as Samsung Internet Miro shortcut. Did not experience anything of the sort when working Thursday 6/1 night.

Same here. Miro on Ipad Pro essentially unusable all of a sudden.

I have the same Problem since 02.06.2023

But i can‘t contact Miro, because I have only the free Version. 
Does anybody has solved the problem yet?

This is also happening to me. Is there any sollution or is Miro working on this? I use Miro all day long teaching and this is very frustrating for my students and myself. 

This is also happening to me. Is there any sollution or is Miro working on this? I use Miro all day long teaching and this is very frustrating for my students and myself. 

Exactly the same on ipad pro, everything worked perfectly since one year and since one week what i write disappear when i zoom out on the ipad (but not on the computer screen).

VERY ANNOYING, can anybody in the tech team solve this big problem ???

Happening here too! Miro needs to fix it immediately. We use this a business tool to show clients! and like other we are a paying company!!

Userlevel 1

same issue here, and a whole host of others having it too:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/problem-with-writing-13673

Agreed - same issue is happening to me as of a few days ago. It was not an issue beforehand, but is extremely frustrating and will alter how I engage with this platform moving forward if it’s not resolved..

This is happening to me too all of a sudden. And if this doesn’t get fixed soon unfortunately I’m going to have to find new software to use. This kind of bug makes me feel like I can lose my work and that stresses me out.

Happening here too! Miro needs to fix it immediately. We use this a business tool to show clients! and like other we are a paying company!!

Anyone here with a paid plan that can put this into a ticket? Obviously seems like an ongoing issues for MANY many users, but Miro support hasn’t seemed to jump in on any of these threads, old or new.

I have the same problem since first of June, it´s so annoying! Please get back to the back app version It was slower when you have a lot of content but I could show everything. Or offer the possibility to adjust the content in the zoom.

Same here (same ipad model). I use Miro (business license) on work extensively and this bug has a huge impact. It‘s ok for me, if at a zoom level of 25% some scribbles disappear, but not at 100%. It’s very annoying in meetings….

br from Germany 👋

Userlevel 2

I put a ticket in last week, it was updated yesterday with a confirmation that hte bug had been fixed. I went into the app and it appeared to work, but within a few hours it was back to being broken. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I put a ticket in last week, it was updated yesterday with a confirmation that hte bug had been fixed. I went into the app and it appeared to work, but within a few hours it was back to being broken. 

I had the same, I had checked on the phone and it worked but after 30 minutes it was broken again 

Same same

Userlevel 2

I have had to move to Microsoft Whiteboard, it is no where near as good, but at least allows me to use basic functionality. Hope Miro can fix this before I need to worry about migrating my active boards over, which I imagine will be a nightmare. 

Userlevel 2

This appears to be working if you use the web version on iPad Chrome, but still not on the App

Miro, the problem is back and is nerve-wracking… It does not work on any iPad, neither on the app nor any browser. On the macbook it still works, but does not help me, as I use Miro business for teaching and rely one the pencil functions for writing and all my students use iPads...

Dear Miro team. Same for me. Samsung galaxy tab s9. I cannot continue work on my assignment as I constantly zoom out and the content dissappear. Please, give it a look and hopefully you can fix it in a no time. This bug appeared today, yesterday everything was OK.