[RESOLVED] Uploaded images won't appear

I uploaded images to a miro board and they uploaded just fine, but a few days later they appeared like this and I can no longer see or download them. These are the only copies of the images I have as I delete them from my other devices to save on storage space. This is crucial to my work and I have no other way of gaining back these important photos. Please help!

Alyona 1 year ago

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for your patience. I finally have an update for you!

• The root cause of the issue is fixed, so hopefully, any image added to your boards from now on will stay there; 
  • If you are able to re-upload images showing the block sign, we kindly ask you to do so. With the root cause being fixed, the images should stay intact after the second upload;
  • In case you no longer have the images that appear with the block sign now, we'll do our best to help you retrieve them so you can re-upload them again. Please click 👍 Like under this message, and we'll be reaching out to you with additional questions needed for the image retrieval.

If you notice that images are still disappearing from your boards as of today, please let us know so we can investigate this further.

View original

30 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Chelsea Manansala 

I’m truly sorry to hear that you've run into it.

Could you please try these basic troubleshooting steps and share the results with me:

1. Try the Incognito mode or any other browsers' Private mode or window. This allows us to rule out the possibility that the issue is caused by cache and cookies or some browser extensions. If you have some extensions enabled in the incognito/private mode - please temporarily disable them.
    If in the Incognito mode everything works fine, make sure to clear your browser's cache and cookies and then sign out and back into your Miro profile anew before checking the process in the standard mode. Additionally, please disable all extensions for your browser.
  2. If you use VPN, try switching it off/on.
  3. Switch to another browser/network/device, if possible, and check the situation there.
  4. Try to duplicate the board and see how it goes on the copied one.

If the issue still persists, I’m afraid that currently, there's a bug on our end that causes this behaviour. The good news is that the team is already aware of the issue and is currently working on a fix for it. I will definitely keep you updated on the progress!

Hope this helps! Please let me know how that goes:)

Hi Team, 

I have the same issue! Tried to send a ticket and follow all the instructions on your long article and i couldn't even send it for something in your server. Can please help? How long until this issue gets resolved? BTW - I tried all the steps you mentioned here. We need some answers. 

Thank you

Laura 

@Tomoko Kii 
Thank you for your break down. Unfortunately, none of your steps helped me. I am having the same problem but it only happened on 4 or 5 out of a few dozen photos. I checked each original photo and they are each different file types.

Are there any news troubleshooting steps you can offer?

Many thanks

Userlevel 1

@LD134577

@Arad Vejdani 

I’m so sorry to hear that you've run into it.

There was a bug that causes this behaviour on our end. The good news is that it has been resolved recently. Could you please try re-uploading the affected images and see how it goes?

Hope it helps!

@Tomoko Kii Hi! Thank you for answering. I dont have the photos anymore. I uploaded more than 50 photos. Are you saying that whatever photos are in the board that dont appear anymore are lost?  

Thank you, 

This is happening to me as well, and it’s not the first time.

It’s unacceptable. It’s not cool, like “oh, just re-upload it”. I’m paying for this service, and I need it to work. This is extremely embarrassing when presenting work to a client.

Please fix this bug, and fix it for good.

Userlevel 1

@Ruggero Vittorini 

If the image is shown as a white blocked icon like the following screenshot, that indicates that the image wasn't fully uploaded and needs to be re-uploaded. 

Unfortunately, fixing the already broken images is not possible on our end as in most cases the images weren't uploaded up to the end, which led to the broken images on the board. I’m so sorry I couldn’t be more helpful!

@LD134577 

Could you please share a screenshot of your images on your board?

@Tomoko Kii I’m afraid you’re wrong, and the fact that you don’t recognize this to be a bug on your end worries me even more. I uploaded the images all the way, and even presented this to my clients before this happened.

Hours later, when I opened the board to show my partner, the images were gone. Again, this is not the first time.

Hi,

While working on Miro boards, we are experiencing occasionally, that content on a board gets invalid. Illustrations that used to work fine, suddenly have turned “invalid”, and then instead shows as a white circle with a line through (see selected illustration below). It won’t re-appear through F5 / reload, and I’ve read through the “Bugs & troubleshooting” under Miro Helpcenter without success. The same illustration can be uploaded again, with no problems occuring afterwards, so it does not appear to be an issue with our files.

I’m admin’ing +100 boards in my office, and it happens more and more frequently, which is starting to become more and more frustrating. Does anyone know what causes this, and how to fix?

Any help appreciated!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for your patience. I finally have an update for you!

• The root cause of the issue is fixed, so hopefully, any image added to your boards from now on will stay there; 
  • If you are able to re-upload images showing the block sign, we kindly ask you to do so. With the root cause being fixed, the images should stay intact after the second upload;
  • In case you no longer have the images that appear with the block sign now, we'll do our best to help you retrieve them so you can re-upload them again. Please click 👍 Like under this message, and we'll be reaching out to you with additional questions needed for the image retrieval.

If you notice that images are still disappearing from your boards as of today, please let us know so we can investigate this further.

Hi there I am having this issue and unable to do my job. 
The issue is not fixed because my coworker just created a board today and I am unable to view images. Any image I see says “image upload failed” whether they are my boards or someone else’s.

Please let me know how to fix this as it is CRITICAL to my work and I am now running behind due to this.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mar anthony,

Thank you for reporting the issue! 

Could you please clarify if you have tried basic troubleshooting steps? If not, please try them and share the results with me:

1. Try the Incognito mode or any other browsers' Private mode or window. This allows us to rule out the possibility that the issue is caused by cache and cookies or some browser extensions. If you have some extensions enabled in the incognito/private mode - please temporarily disable them.
    If in the Incognito mode everything works fine, make sure to clear your browser's cache and cookies and then sign out and back into your Miro profile anew before checking the process in the standard mode. Additionally, please disable all extensions for your browser.
  2. If you use VPN, try switching it off/on.
  3. Switch to another browser/network/device, if possible, and check the situation there.
  4. Try to duplicate the board and see how it goes on the copied one.

If this doesn’t help, could you clarify the following points:

• Is this happening only to you or everyone who is using the boards.
  • Is this happening only on specific boards or all boards you have.
  • If the uploaded image fils meet this formats.

Please let me know how it goes - I’ll make sure to investigate this further!

this is not resolved I’m still having this issue.  I just wasted 90 mins of my time.  All of my images are gone.  What an absolutely useless tool this is if it drops images all by itself for no reason.  I could have just done this in google docs 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Chris Joynt,

Would you be able to try the troubleshooting steps and share the results with me?

If the issue persists, I will be sure to assist you accordingly!

I’m experiencing a similar issue currently.

I’ve followed the troubleshooting steps and it seems to be a browser-specific issue related to Google Chrome.

Firefox worked fine but Google Chrome (both incognito and normal) could not upload images.

Any further suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Jonny

Hello, I’m experiencing the same issue(

I’ve tried all the steps suggested, but they didn’t help..

Hi everyone!

I’m also having the same problem!

I’ve tried all the recommended steps to solve it but it hasn’t gone! Unfortunately I’m unable to do my work due to these issues. 

Is there any chance you can fix it?

Alex

Hi everyone!

I’m also having the same problem!

I’ve tried all the recommended steps to solve it but it hasn’t gone! Unfortunately I’m unable to do my work due to these issues. 

Is there any chance you can fix it?

Alex

I’ve tried Firefox, it works, but it isn’t the solution..

On further investigation my issue is particularly related to selecting paste from the menu after right clicking with the mouse.

If I use the shortcut ctrl+v it appears to work...

Userlevel 1

Hi @Jonny HJ @Anastasia.imn @AleksandraChe,

We’re investigating the issue and will update you as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience in advance!

I also have this issue.  Have tried all the troubleshooting steps with no success.

The missing images were copied/pasted to the Miro board.  They now show as a grey box (w/out the circle with slash).  It is only a grey box.  The board has 8 images but only 4 display.

same issue. cannot see uploaded images and it’s crucial from my daily work. 

I have encountered the same issue. 3 days worth of work disappeared. Is there anything Miro Team can do to restore lost data? Thanks!

I have encountered the same issue. 3 days worth of work disappeared. Is there anything Miro Team can do to restore lost data? Thanks!

Same issue

Same issue as above. Checked on other networks and it still occurs. Might be again problem on your server side.