Answered

Unlink/remove internal links

How do I unlink or remove internal links? everything points to creating links, but once they are in place there’s no way that I can see to remove them.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 8 May 2021, 04:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Osnat - And thanks for pointing out that the Internal and External Linking Help Center article doesn't mention anything about how to delete links. I will mention this to the help center folks.

Thanks. I don’t see the delete link button. only confirm link.  will continue to tinker around.

incognito… this is worth trying. Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Osnat - Does this work for you?

Note: Selecting the object and then using Ctrl/Cmd + K should be the shortcut to load the link popup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Osnat - I don’t have the Delete link button until there is at least some text in the link text box:

I thought perhaps the Delete option may only be available to the person who created the link, or maybe the board owner, but I tried a number of scenarios: board owner, link creator, guest editor, and could delete links in all scenarios.

If you’re using a browser, perhaps a browser extension is blocking the Delete button from appearing. You could sign in from a private/incognito window which usually disables any installed extensions.