Two organisations in Azure Cards

• 28 November 2022
  • 5 replies

How can I connect to more than one organisation of Azure DevOps. Do I need to create a separate team per instance?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Ulrich Leutbecher 🙂
Yes, correct. It’s one Azure instance per Miro team but you can create multiple teams under your Enterprise subscription in order to connect them to different Azure instances. Please find the installation guide here. Hope this helps!

Hi there,

So I wonder if it’s in the roadmap to have 2 organizations configured in Azure Cards? As a personal use case, I’ve got two Azure orgs where there’s work that we want to overlay and put roadmaps and dependencies on top of each other.

Currently, my workaround is to a board on one Miro team that’s connected to one instance that’s embedded in another team that’s connected to its own Miro instance. But yeah, if it’s a possibility that can be considered, that’d be helpful especially when mapping dependencies at scale!

+1 on being able to configure more than one organization.  PI planning requires that we pull cards from several organizations within our ADO and it is currently not possible.

@Raiferzz: Would you be so kind to explain your workaround a little more detailed, maybe with an example? I have the same issue & could not follow your approach, especially what you have ment with “embedded in another team”. Thanks a lot!

Sorry, I missed this reply. Here’s what I did:

• Miro Team A integrated to dev.azure.com/org1/
  • Miro Team B integrated to dev.azure.com/org2/
  • A board in Miro Team A has cards visible from within dev.azure.com/org1/ (let’s call this Org1 Mapping)
  • A board in Miro Team B has cards visible from within dev.azure.com/org2/ (let’s call this Org2 Mapping) but also has the Org 1 Mapping board embedded inside Org2 Mapping

So when a user views Org1 Mapping, they see cards within dev.azure.com/org1/ and would have to click on the embedded link (Org2 Mapping) to see the cards in dev.azure.com/org2. Not the most elegant way to do it but it’s what I’ve got right now. 😐

@Raiferzz: Would you be so kind to explain your workaround a little more detailed, maybe with an example? I have the same issue & could not follow your approach, especially what you have ment with “embedded in another team”. Thanks a lot!