Answered

Text glitches

• 17 June 2021
  • 9 replies

This is new and unusual. When I select the text feature, instead of creating a text box that is in a frame or sitting on the white board and connected to the content in that space, the text is placed on an overlay. The text size stays constant when I zoom in and out, and it cannot be selected to delete. When I select all the text content from that object, there are greyed out words “Type Something” that remain. When you pan around in the board space that text stays in the same place. I can’t get them to go away! Not sure how to switch back to the normal text functions.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 17 June 2021, 18:08

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marina Tomic -

Is this happening with multiple different methods of accessing the board - i.e. from the desktop app as well as a browser, from different devices?

If it is consistent across different access methods then I’d recommend opening a Miro support request here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale Yeah we tried all that. Still didn’t work. Is there a way that someone goes into the board and checks this? Looks more like a bug to me. 
Thanks,

Marina

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marina Tomic -

If there are actually multiple layers of text box objects, the only suggestion I’d have is to select one layer, move it out of the way, and then see if you can access the layers under it. Have you tried doing a selection around the full area of the text boxes, delete them, and see if the conflicting text disappears?

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale I see it at all zoom levels. 

Thanks, Marina

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marina Tomic -

Do you see that at all zoom levels or is it only when you zoom in (e.g. over 100%)?

Kiron

Hi, i have a similar problem with some overlapping texts and layers and I’ve tried many things but can’t get to the underneath layer to remove it. It looks like this:

Any solutions for this issue?

Thank you, it worked to clear my browsing history and cookies cache.

Thank you, I’ll try this. I appreciate your quick response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Carrie -

How are you accessing Miro? If it is through a browser can you try clearing your cache & browsing history and then re-starting the browser? If it is through the desktop app, can you see if you get the same behavior through a browser session?

Kiron