Sticker Randomiser Feedback & Ideas (Web Plugin)

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey! 

Yesterday I played around with the web plugins and build a Sticker Randomiser.

The use case I had in mind where to generate random ice breaker questions / topics for a number of participants. Here is a quick video to see it in action: 

Link to a quick demo

Is this something that would be intersting to have on the market place? And do you have further ideas for “categories” besides ice breakers that users could be interested to generate and randomise?

10 replies

The sticker randomizer would be a great tool for teachers for a variety of learning tasks and structures.  Examples:  questions related to content, assigning group roles and responsibilities, determining a class reward, etc.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Daniel Wirtz 

I agree to @Penny Peterson and additional two things would be great:

A combination with other elements on the screen (pictures ...) or a frame randomizer or content randomizer …

or if you give in an answer a prepared content should be shown …

Michael

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Penny Peterson

I would love to make the plugin useful for teachers. It should be possible right now to for example assign group roles, but you first need to select a number of sticky notes. Maybe I could extend the plugin to also generate stickers from a list of items (e.g group roles). 

I would also invite you to test the current version if you have the time: https://www.facilitator.school/sticker-randomiser

You can sign up on the page and I’m just using the sign up for communication around the plugin and sending installation instructions. Would love to hear your direct feedback. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@mlanders 

What would be the behaviour of a frame or picture randomiser? 

Can you elaborate a bit more on your ideas? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thanks, Michael!

I already answered your email. If you have any ideas coming up on improving the plugin and/or adding some features, let me know! 

Great to hear that you like it at first glance.

PS: Also interesting idea with splitting the sentence and then randomising it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Daniel Wirtz

Picture randomiser:

In a class or lesson I have chosen some pictures before. Than I click on a button and view of this pictures are shown and I can ask some questions for this pictures - or:

Create a story for the following picture - and - boom the picture is shown

Frame randomizer:

I create content for a frame

Maybe a bunch of questions, pictures or whatever I want to be shown.

Than I tell my participant:

“Now everyone of you sees your name on the screen (same start as sticker randomizer)

I generated for you the following tasks”

But instead of stickers that are shown now frames are shown with the content I have created before …

My mind now drives rollercoaster

- Expansion of frame randomizer:

You generate some templates with for instance:

frame-randomize_1

frame-randomize_2

frame-randomize_3

frame-randomize_n

and exact this frames or complete templates are randomly shown tor your participants

This would be great for exams / tests / in a class …

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Daniel Wirtz 

An additonal idea to this:

For me as a teacher who does classes its important that I can create content in advance for the seminar.

It would be great if I could choose out of a bunch of boards to show different exam questions or different content randomly:

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Daniel Wirtz :

It’s a fun and unleashes creativity to work with the randomizer.

I have taken a well known sentence and splitted it into all different words - and the participant should bring the words into the right position -

It should really be possible to edit the textfile and save it for my own needs

What a tool!!!:boom::dizzy::sparkles:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Additional Idea to this example:

Bring the words into the right position of a well known sentence that John F. Kennedy has said:

Ask

not

what

your

country

can

do

for

you

ask

what

you