Skip "see the board" page in embedded miro board

• 5 December 2020
  • 10 replies

Is it possible to embed a Miro board into a website such that the board loads without having to click the “See the board” button? 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jasmit Rangr - It looks to be that Miro has updated their code to stop the boards from automatically loading, presumably to reduce unnecessary bandwidth - even the templates on the Embedding Editable Boards into Websites help center article are now displaying with the See the board button.

While you may still see embedded boards display by default in the forum, on the Miroverse site, and the Template Library, I suspect Miro has added custom code to display the template by default for these sites. 

Thanks @Robert Johnson. The Miroverse link you posted is promising and would be exactly what I’d like to embed in my website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jasmit Rangr  - The problem is, Miro appears to be moving away from offering users the ability to display templates on their own sites in the same way they appear in the Miroverse. Boards I had embedded one of my sites used to look like they do on the Miroverse, but they changed in the last month to start showing the See the board button.

I’m emailling support now with the request. Will post if anything happens.

Hey @Jasmit Rangr! I am also interested in this “skipping” feature. Any answer from support?

Only that they have forwarded it to the Product Team “to see if we can add this improvement to the backlog. “

I would love to have this as well, since we are embedding a board prominently on our site - no point in “saving” any performance by hiding it if it’s the entire point of the page.

Would be awesome to have a query parameter to disable this behavior, additionally to another one that disables the “edit controls”, since they’re basically useless anyway when you disable editing.

Userlevel 1

Now you can using the code below, after the embed URL: 

&embedAutoplay=true

See here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016335640-Embedding-Editable-Boards-into-Websites

Now you can using the code below, after the embed URL: 

&embedAutoplay=true

See here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016335640-Embedding-Editable-Boards-into-Websites

Note that if you are using Presentation embed (frames)

for the board to auto load you need to use different parameter: 

&autoplay=yep 

I’m starting to love Miro