Set the default font size for the board

• 13 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to set the default font size permanently?  I find the dynamic resizing really cumbersome and distracting.  I’d like to be able to open any card on any board and always have it default to 24pt font.  I know that you can duplicate cards and it will pick up the same font size, but that’s not really what I want to do.  Is there a setting that permanently sets the font size?

3 replies

another +1 to this wish. I don’t think I’ve ever used the default size 14 font for the Text component. So small!

+1 for a board level default font size.

The way MIRO creates shapes with different font sizes (auto in the case of sticky notes or a zoom level dependent font size for other shapes) looks really ugly and unprofessional.

When have you ever seen a professional diagram with completely arbitrary font sizes? The font size should indicate something about the content of the diagram (ex: banners to act as headings for areas of the board) and thus NOT be set arbitrarily based on how much text is present in a sticky note or whatever the zoom level was at the time a shape was created.

*Every Single Time* I add a new shape (ie: not copied from an existing shape), I have to click to re-configure the font size which is incredibly incredibly annoying and tedious.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Lisa Mitiguy - Unfortunately, this is not possible at this time.

There are a number of Wish List Idea posts to enhance the text/font options. You could add your comments/upvote as many as you’d like:

https://community.miro.com/search?q=font%20size&content_type%5B0%5D=ideation

However, if you none of those truly reflect what you are looking to accomplish, you could add your own Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.

Miro Developer Platform

If you’re ambitious, you could explore using the Miro Developer Platform to accomplish what you are looking for. You would probably want someone with a development background to review the developer platform documentation.