Search result list no longer proposed

Hello everyone, we need your help.

When we do a search today in a board, the result list is no longer proposed, but with only some visual effects (highlighting the sticky notes for example). Because we have a very large board with many frames, this highlighting effect is not evident enough for us to locate the search result. It makes the board almost unusable.

Do you have the same behavior ?

I’ve no idea it’s a bug or a product change. Thank you !

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bo LI -

If you do an unqualified search it doesn’t present you a list, but if you filter by a specific object type (e.g. Notes), then it does show you all the matching objects of that type containing the text and when you click on each, it will zoom to them.

Kiron

@Bo LI -

If you do an unqualified search it doesn’t present you a list, but if you filter by a specific object type (e.g. Notes), then it does show you all the matching objects of that type containing the text and when you click on each, it will zoom to them.

Kiron

Thank you for your response. I don’t know what do you mean by “unqualified search”.

I think it’s a bug or perhaps a free account limit.

I tried a search in another board with far fewer content. The search is fine as before, with a result list.

But if I do a search in the board we use heavily, still no chance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bo LI -

I’ve used it in a board with hundreds of objects. Unqualified search means with no filter criteria specified. In that case, it doesn’t return any proposed list. However, if I filter by Notes as an example, it will show me a list of Notes which match.

Kiron

@Bo LI -

I’ve used it in a board with hundreds of objects. Unqualified search means with no filter criteria specified. In that case, it doesn’t return any proposed list. However, if I filter by Notes as an example, it will show me a list of Notes which match.

Kiron

I tried again, indeed, with a filter of object type, I works much better. Thank you very much.

I think it’s because the board has reached some limit. Miro had better have a meaningful message.