Answered

Scaling of Shape borders

• 29 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3

Hi,

The frames for shapes  don’t scale proportionally when I resize. Resizing to small makes them wide and resizing to big makes them small. This makes iit annoying to resize and scale as I need to adjust things or require everyone to work at 88 % zoomed in.

Here is a video of scaling frames for different shapes:

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 30 April 2021, 00:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Sara de Hond - It took me a while to understand the intentions behind your video, but I believe I get it now.

I believe you are concerned with the borders of Shapes not scaling proportionately? For clarification, the borders of Frames cannot be customized.

For example, here is a circle shape with black border and yellow body fill. When I resize this (I am holding down the Shift key, to keep the circle shape), I do see that the border does in fact change in thickness at a disproportionate rate to that of the circle.

I’m not sure if this would be a “bug” or if it just wasn’t considered at the time of development.

I would suggest adding this as a Wish List Idea, so that other’s can upvote it and Miro will hopefully improve on the Shapes experience.

You can learn more about creating an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.

--

Note: I renamed this post from “Scaling frames” to “Scaling of Shape borders”.