Rotation function not working

Hello, is anyone else experiencing being unable to rotate images / objects in the desktop app?
I’ve tried re-installing, re-opening, changing to another device as well as the online browser and this function is still not working for me. Here is a screen shot of the icon to rotate. The app doesn’t respond when I click it. 

Best, 

Katrine

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Katrine Hesseldahl! I haven't experienced this on Mac. What kind of computer and OS are you on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello, is anyone else experiencing being unable to rotate images / objects in the desktop app?
I’ve tried re-installing, re-opening, changing to another device as well as the online browser and this function is still not working for me. Here is a screen shot of the icon to rotate. The app doesn’t respond when I click it. 

Best, 

Katrine

Working for me in latest 64-bit desktop app on Windows 11 - can rotate shapes, icons, images, text, and cards.

Same problem here @Katrine Hesseldahl.

I’m working on Macbook, IOS 12.5 Monterey, Chrome browser 105.0.5195.102.

Rotation symbol appears, but doesn’t rotate anything. I always have to reopen the board on my PC to rotate any objects.

What Mac setup are you working on, @Henrik Ståhl?

PS I should add, I have always worked using the browser version of Miro, where rotation has been an issue on my Mac.

I have just downloaded the desktop app to my Mac however, and object rotation is now working.

I then went back to the browser version on Mac, and rotation is now working there too.

This won’t help you @Katrine Hesseldahl, if you have already tried re-installation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

A quick note to all desktop app users: You can simulate a re-install by using the Reset application data feature:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572854-Desktop-app#How_to_reset_the_app_data

Note: If you are using a PC, you will have to press the ALT key while on the desktop/boards tab to expose the menu bar.

If you are on a paid plan and the issue of no rotation continues, please open a ticket with Miro support.