Answered

Reusable icons when dragging

• 11 September 2020
  • 6 replies

If I have a whole list of icons on my board and I want to allow participants to drag from this list and drop into another Frame but leaving the original icon behind for someone else to potentially pick as well?

So essentially using the duplicate function but in a drag-and-drop mode.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 11 September 2020, 13:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@warren -  I believe the Alt + drag shortcut would be idea for this:

Thanks Robert that certainly is helpful to know!

I asked the question because I saw someone’s shared board recently where you could do this - without having to hold the ALT key down; you simply dragged-and-dropped and it left the original behind.

It was this one from the Miroverse page

https://miro.com/miroverse/category/newly-added/le-miro-cafe?utm_campaign=%5BNEWSLETTER%5D%7CSep+9%7CSS+users%7CNew+users&utm_content=%5BNEWSLETTER%5D%7CAug+20%7CSS+users%7CNew+users&utm_medium=email_action&utm_source=customer.io

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@warren - I had a quick look at @Sara Parra Aguirre’s awesome Le Miro Cafe template and see that she has actually stacked eight of the same icons directly on top of each each - one for each plate. This approach then gives the effect of duplicating by simply clicking and dragging (I actually tricked a teammate using this approach before I even knew about the Alt + drag):

Very clever!

I can sleep well tonight as that was really bugging me :grinning:

Thanks for your fast feedback; appreciate it!

I would love the ability for mobile users to do this automatically for certain objects I set as “infinite duplicators”. This is a feature on SmartBoard templates which is useful for when you want students or colleagues to drag and duplicate without thinking about. It would allow the board owner to set certain assets as the source of infinite clones. Should I submit an idea or is this already available or in development?

I would love the ability for mobile users to do this automatically for certain objects I set as “infinite duplicators”. This is a feature on SmartBoard templates which is useful for when you want students or colleagues to drag and duplicate without thinking about. It would allow the board owner to set certain assets as the source of infinite clones. Should I submit an idea or is this already available or in development?

This is exactly the feature that would massively improve the resource I am making. It was a very powerful feature when used in Notebook on SmartBoards - does anyone know if this is possible yet in Miro?