[RESOLVED] Sharing board content with anonymous guests

Show first post

50 replies

Userlevel 3

I fixed the “comment only” mode - no idea where that came from!

...and the reason my husband was asked to sign in I think is the fact he has a Miro account - but wasn’t signed in. 

its not very user friendly tho. Surely people with a Miro account that they aren’t signed into should still have the choice to log in to the board without signing in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Now that it’s not 1:45am and I am on my laptop, here are my board’s Share settings:

And here is what an anonymous guest, i.e., anyone not signed in to a Miro account sees - this is the same behaviour as when Anyone with the link is set to Can view, comment, or edit:

However, if I load the board as a signed-in Miro user who is NOT a member of the team where the above board resides, I am able to to download the PDF:

Again, here is the board - test it when both signed in and incognito:

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_lKa2-fA=/

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rachel Jackson - If the board is set to Anyone with the link → Can edit/comment/view, then it will not require sign in. If you have put a password on the board, they will have to enter that, but they do not have to sign in - NOTE: the working on the “password” modal is misleading:

Userlevel 3

Interesting observation - when I log in on the link for the board through incognito / private window it opens as comment only - which might explain the lack of the download button - and yet the board as far as I’m aware is public shared - as per the screen shots ~I showed you.  Am I missing something?  It requires sign in on my husbands phone - even though its a public link…?

Explain that one?

Userlevel 3

Thanks for your help Robert

Userlevel 3

Yay - so I'm not going mad then!  All good - thanks.  It's a pain as I wanted to use it with a client but we don’t launch for another couple of weeks so m maybe it’ll be fixed by then 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rachel Jackson - Hold on.. it is greyed out for me too in an incognito window. I think it is a bug. 

I will turn this post into a support ticket. You ahod get an email as soon as I do that. Please update this post with any updates from Miro support. I will come back here and leave any updates that I get from other users. 

Userlevel 3

I want them to be able to download the PDF - that's the point - the option on incognito screen is greyed out - everything else is there but not that - can’t screenshot as it disappears when you do the screenshot buttons - on a Mac

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rachel Jackson - All of your settings look good. What does the user see when they access the board and select the PDF?

It should be like in my test board:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rachel Jackson - if they shouldn't be able to download the PDF, then maybe set to the following:

Userlevel 3
And like this

Userlevel 3
Its set like this

Userlevel 3

Yes I've done all that

Its set as anyone with access too the board 

Userlevel 3

My aim is that guest users can edit and download as its a community noticeboard - but only people with the link and a password which I haven't turned on yet

They can access and edit - and view the `pdf but not download it

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rachel Jackson keep going... You have to go into Sharing settings, permissions. Check the help center article that I sent ;)

Userlevel 3

Nope - it wasn't  - I was a fool looking at the wrong tab ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rachel Jackson - My settings:

The board:

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_lKa2-fA=/

Userlevel 3

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rachel Jackson - Sometimes info have effect. So, it's working then? You're all good?

Userlevel 3

Ah….dur - no that because I'm logged in as me.  Fool I am

You can't screen shot the menu - it disappears - but it is greyed out on the incognito

Userlevel 3

OMG

You must be a miracle worker from afar

I have taken screen shots all over - and then came to the menu...and the down load option is now ungreyed  ????  I changed absolutely nothing>?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rachel Jackson - can you share screenshots of the board Share settings popup and also the sharing settings, Permissions tab, Board content settings settings?

And also the context menu that appears above the PDF when it is selected (while on the board as a guest)?

Userlevel 3

Thanks for coming back to me so quick - yep tried all that - it’s all set up correctly as far as I can see but the download button still greyed out - and other ideas?

The account is a consultant account.  The settings are all set to allow people outside the team access.  The board is set on permissions to allow anyone with access…  I’m at a loss

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rachel Jackson - To test that you have the correct setting changes in place, open the board from a private/incognito browser window. I ce on the board as a guest, you should be able to download the embedded PDF.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rachel Jackson - You need to adjust the Board content settings so that Anyone with the board access can copy/download content from the board.

You can learn more about how to do this in the Board Content Settings Help Center article.