[RESOLVED] Frames randomly change order in presentation mode

• 14 February 2023
  • 15 replies

I am using frames to create a presentation.  The problem is that whenever I shut down the Miro board and then come back some of the frames have randomly changed order in the presentation.  This is in the frames dialogue box that opens.  Some of the frames just show up in a new order.  Has anyone seen this?  Do you know how to stop it?

Robert Johnson 1 year ago

Update rom Miro support:

--

Hi there,

This is an update from the Miro support team to let you know that the bug related to Frames that you reported was fixed not that long ago.

We hope that everything is back to running smoothly on your end.

If you're still seeing the issue, please sign off Miro and in again to ensure that you're using the latest fixed version.

View original

15 replies

@Tom Granzow -- YES!!! I am seeing this same behaviour, though not necessarily related to presentation mode. At some point in the last 48 hours, this behaviour (re-ordering doesn’t “stick”; frame order changed arbitrarily) has presented. It has massively disrupted a custom training that I’m delivering for a client. I’ve submitted a bug. It’s beyond frustrating. 

I am having the same problem. Every time I open or refresh the page it seems to shuffle the slides in the presentation panel.

I experience the same thing, as do others in my company

@Miro Matt and @miro admin -- is there a bug open on this issue? Or status on it? I’m teaching a class this week and this bug is severely impacting my ability to manage the virtual classroom. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi folks. I am noticing this too and will open my open support ticket and update this post with what the support team tells me.

Miro support team: For a quick example of this,

1. open Jake Knapp’s Design Sprint template in the Miroverse → https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVOUrVxfk=/
  2. open the side (frames/activities) panel and note the order of the frames
  3. reload the board
  4. repeat step #2 - the frames order has changed.

We are experiencing this as well across all of our boards. It is super challenging as we are trying to teach a class and finding it really hard to manage the virtual classroom as well. Anyone open a support ticket for this? Please keep us updated!!  :) 

Also having the same challenge (and really hoping its resolved before 1pm PST !!! very interested in the updates here~

This is my experience as well. I will have my frames set in a specific order and if I close the navigation panel and reopen, they are shuffled about.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Amelia Earhart - I moved your reply to this more recent post.

@Miro Community Team -- does anyone from Miro have an update on this issue? 

@Robert Johnson -- Thanks for your efforts in keeping this bug active and in front of Miro folks! Do you know if Miro product managers or tech support monitors this forum? Any updates on the bug or when it might be fixed? I’m teaching this week and it’s a huge hindrance to deal with the frames auto-re-ordering.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KertPeterson - Miro employees (Mironeers) in various roles do monitor this forum. If you look at some of that last 20 or so posts, you’ll surely see a response from someone with a Miro logo at the bottom-left corner of their avatar.

I have reached out to someone who I work with as a volunteer and will update you all as soon as I hear from them, or the support team.

FYI: Those two individuals you mentioned (Miro Matt and Miro admin) are not Miro employees.

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the reports!

I can confirm that there's a bug on our end that causes this behavior. The good news is that the team is already aware of the issue and is currently working on a fix for it. I'll update this thread as soon as the bug is fixed.

Please bear with us!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update rom Miro support:

--

Hi there,

This is an update from the Miro support team to let you know that the bug related to Frames that you reported was fixed not that long ago.

We hope that everything is back to running smoothly on your end.

If you're still seeing the issue, please sign off Miro and in again to ensure that you're using the latest fixed version.

Today ist April 14 2023 - I am still seeing the same issue. Using the current app on Mac OS