[RESOLVED] Cannot move boards to Projects in Safari browser

Userlevel 1

Up until few weeks ago, I was able to move boards into different projects. This option is no longer possible. Clicking on the board title opens the window with settings, and there is a link to change the project as well. But the dropdown menu - which used to show all the projects to choose from - no longer lists the projects. Does anyone else have a similar problem? Has anyone figured out how to solve it? 

in case it is an Operating System and browser issue, I am trying to work with Safari (14.0.3) on a Mac that runs Catalina (10.15.7). 

Many thanks in advance. 

Murat. 

Murat Mirata 2 years ago

hello Everyone, 

Miro team has fixed the bug - all works as it should now - also in Safari. 

Many thanks @Robert Johnson for initiating the workflow which generated very quick results. I am impressed. 

All the best, 

Murat. 

View original

14 replies

Thank you so much all for the quick response deploying already the bug fix to the production environment! :ok_hand_tone1:

Userlevel 1

hello Everyone, 

Miro team has fixed the bug - all works as it should now - also in Safari. 

Many thanks @Robert Johnson for initiating the workflow which generated very quick results. I am impressed. 

All the best, 

Murat. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Murat Mirata - Thanks for the update!

Userlevel 1

Hello Everyone, 

FYI, Miro support came back with the following response: 

I'm afraid the dropdown menus don't work in Safari due to a bug on our end. We're very sorry about that! The good news is that the team is already working on a fix for it. We will definitely keep you posted on our progress. Please bear with us!

Also, as a workaround, we suggest that you switch to another browser - Chrome provides the best experience with our service.

I have not tried other browsers yet – instead I am moving boards into different projects using the desktop app. 

All the best, 

Murat. 

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson - tried with “private browsing”, the problem persists. Thank you for creating the ticket – will try my best to help the support team. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I also updated the title of the post to Cannot move boards to Projects in Safari browser. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Adrián López & @Murat Mirata - Thanks for confirming this. Since you are both experiencing the same behaviour in the Safari browser, this may be a bug and therefore should be reported to Miro support.

@Murat Mirata - Since you opened the ticket, I will automatically create a Miro support ticket that will be created under your name/email. It would be helpful to us all if you could please update this post as you hear back from support.

@Robert Johnson Project’s permissions are correct. In fact, I do confirm I can move any board between projects using the desktop app as @Murat Mirata said. I'm using Safari without any extension, which was the very same browser I was using before when I could this action. Thank you for the quick response! :raised_hands:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Murat Mirata - I am curious if is possibly a browser extension that could be causing the issue.  Have you tried a private/incognito window? That should disable all browser extensions.

@Adrián López - Are you also using Safari and if so which version?

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Robert Johnson - the desktop app solved the problem (this is embarrassing I know, but I did not know about its existence).   The problem persists on the web browser. 

Many thanks to all that showed interest. 

Best, 

Murat. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Adrián López / @Murat Mirata  - To confirm that we are all talking about the same thing (and to educate other readers), these are Projects:

A Project’s permissions can be set as follows:

When you login to your Miro account and are on your Dashboard, what Projects do you see? E.g.:

Also, if the issue you are describing is happening in a browser, does it still happen if you were to try a Miro desktop app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Adrián López -

From where are you attempting to do the move - the Miro dashboard? How are you accessing Miro?

I just tried it myself from the Miro dashboard view using Google Chrome on a Windows 10 PC and it worked fine…

Kiron

I'm facing this very same issue from some days ago. :slight_frown:  When trying to move a board from a project to another project, I cannot select any project on the drop down selector as I was doing before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Murat Mirata - Someone could have changed the permissions of the folders. If you are not a member of the folder, then you won’t have it an an option to move the board to. You can test this by creating a new project called “TEST123” and that should show up in the list of projects you could move he board from within the Board details popup.