Question

Renaming multiple frames

• 7 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I am working with my students on a Miro board, and I want to create a frame for each student. I want to rename these frames with the student names, is there a way to do this quickly? (30+ students)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Talya Shachar AlbocherΒ -

Other than the frames panel which will enable you to rename frames using the β€œ...” menu, there is no faster method of doing so.

If you want to, you could add a wish list topic covering this enhancement following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Talya Shachar AlbocherΒ - There is a slightly faster way to rename a frame. If there is still text in the frame’s name, you can double-click it to enter Edit mode - it will also be highlighted, so you can just start typing to overwrite the default name, e.g., Frame 1.

Another way, and this may help you for renaming a bunch of frames for your students, is from the frames panel - just open the panel, triple-click the title (x2 to get into edit, a third click will select the current text) and then type and then triple-click the next frame and repeat.

Β 

I ended up having the students rename their own frames. I wish there was a way to take a stickie, for example, and turn it into a frame..

Β