Answered

Rate limits on webhook for jira-cards

• 13 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

We’re using Jira intensively on a large scale, and there’s a lot of interest in using the jira-cards integration from basically everyone. One worry is that we might be generating a lot of issue updates that will fire the webhook and update the cards in Miro. We’re not seeing problems now with the few teams integrated, but when all our Jira instances have an integration to Miro, we’ll be looking at tens of thousands of updates per hour to Miro’s Jira cards. So my question is: How much can Miro take? Is there a rate limit with incoming webhooks, similar to the REST API limits mentioned here ? We have the possibility of limiting the issues that trigger updates, because we’re not using the basic Jira webhooks (we’re using Automation), so we’d like to know if there are limits, and if so, how many webhook calls are allowed per time period? Are the limits per team, of for the entire enterprise?

Thanks,

Nicolas

icon

Best answer by Ilaria Cuneo 28 May 2021, 10:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi @Nicolas Bourdages 

I forwarded your question to our Product Team, they’re definitely the most knowledgeable here. I'll update you as soon as I have an answer :slight_smile:

Userlevel 2

Hi @Nicolas Bourdages

Thanks for your patience :smile:

The Product Team confirmed that we don’t have such limits with incoming webhooks.

Hope this helps! :rocket: