Question

Presentation modes gone?

• 1 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi all,

I’ve noticed in both the webapp and desktop version of Miro that there is no longer a way to present that allows you to do a “fly through” of the Frames as it zooms around the board. This appears to be replaced with the “Present frames as slides” option, and the new interactive option. This used to appear in the bottom toolbar and then was moved to the top, but now appears to be gone. See image below:

Is the fly-through option still available somewhere? I much prefer to present in this mode as opposed to it mimicking Powerpoint (which is the reason I use Miro in the first place!). If you’re wondering why I prefer this, it is so that the presentation has a sense of dynamic movement to it - especially seeing as Miro does not have transition tools, I will often link different objects via arrows/lines, and use the fly-through presentation mode in place of it. 

Would love to know if this feature has simply been abolished, or if there is a roadmap for re-introducing it.

9 replies

Userlevel 1

I totally agree!  Fly through mode is what made Miro presentations truly stand out.  Is there a way to activate it that I’m not seeing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mitch Catterall & @Rob DeMars -

On my screen, to the left of the Share button is the Present button which provides the same functionality as the old Presentation Mode. Do you not have that button?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Note: Only editors who are team members or guests will have the Present button – Visitor editors will not. However, anyone currently on the board when a Presentation is started can join, this included the lowest-level participant which is an anonymous/unregistered users with View only access.

Userlevel 1

@Kiron Bondale Yup.  The presentation works, it just isn’t the “fly through”.  Basically, the presentation mode now clicks from frame to frame like PPT, where as before, it floated across the screen.  I was able to make some really cool presentations with that effect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rob DeMars - Miro introduced a new feature called Lightbox and enabled it be default, therefore confusing people I to thinking the board-level Reduce Motion feature is one.

Have a look here:

And a read here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/8512850754962#Attention_management

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply @Robert Johnson .  That new feature doesn’t replicate the dynamic flow you could do with the old presentation mode, which was really game-changing in my humble opinion.  Perhaps they’ll bring it back in the future:)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rob DeMars - To clarify, what I am saying is that the old “flowing” transition still exists. With Lightbox and Reduce Motion off, you should see the nice flowing transition between frames.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies - I found the solution since posting this question!

@Robert Johnson is correct here: deactivating the new “dark mode” allows the presentation to switch back to the “fly through” mode that I was missing! Personally, it seems a bit odd to just call this “dark mode” when it actually changes the nature of the movement (“dark mode” has no fly-through, but switching it off does), but I’m sure the devs had their reasons.

@Rob DeMars this should get your mojo back! Fly-through presentation is a standout feature IMO, as no other presentation software has something like it

Userlevel 1

@Mitch Catterall @Robert Johnson Ah!  My apologies!  I’m now tracking.  Thank you gents!!!!!