PDF Export - Text Corrupted

Krigh 3 years ago

So Miro support got back to me and yes it’s actually an issue with Bluebeam and not Miro. It’s fixed in the newest versions of Bluebeam Revu as per this help page. https://support.bluebeam.com/articles/corrupted-text-when-creating-pdf-from-chrome-browser/ Missed that in the above posts. 

View original

12 replies

I have the same issue with high resolution export. I use Bluebeam to open PDF. 

I’m having the same issue - PDF exports seem to work fine for Acrobat but we use Bluebeam, so all text exported from Miro seems to appear as gibberish… Is anyone else having this issue - wondering if there’s a solution or if Miro’s export process is not compatible with Bluebeam?

Userlevel 4

Hi @Julie Walleisa,

You might be right about Miro’s export process not being compatible with Bluebeam if others are having this issue, but I’m not entirely sure what it could be.

I’d suggest submitting a ticket to Miro Support and letting them know you're having trouble with PDF exports via Bluebeam.

Michael Sohn

Thanks Michael, I was just trying to figure out how to do that so I appreciate the link!

Userlevel 4

@Julie Walleisa,

You’re welcome! Hopefully the Miro team can get that sorted out or add a Bluebeam integration in the near future.

Michael Sohn

For anyone else having this issue - MIro support indicated that this is a text rendering issue in Bluebeam rather than a Miro export issue so they can’t fix it, but suggested that I try opening the exported PDF file in Chrome browser and reprint it to the Bluebeam PDF printer from there, rather than saving and opening in Bluebeam. I’ve tried this and it fixes the issue for me - the resulting PDF opens fine in both Acrobat and Bluebeam and the gibberish/non-English characters are gone.

This works too

https://support.bluebeam.com/articles/corrupted-text-when-creating-pdf-from-chrome-browser/

Whenever I export my boards to PDF all of the text is corrupted. Not just on some boards but every board. And it doesn’t matter what kind of text it is. My example below is on post-its but plain text is also corrupted. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong and it means that exporting to PDF is useless. 

*Update: I tried opening this PDF up in Adobe Acrobat and it reads fine. Before I was opening with Bluebeam. So it may just be a Bluebeam issue. 

Userlevel 4

Hi @Alison,

Other users have been having a problem with PDF exports with Bluebeam as well.
The issue seems to be on Bluebeam’s end.

Michael Sohn

I would like to add to this post that as an Architecture and Engineering firm we are facing the same issue with Bluebeam Revu support. Some staff open the PDFs in Adobe PDF Reader, print to them to Bluebeam PDF printer and then they work fine. So the issue is with the way Miro is encoding them. 

So Miro support got back to me and yes it’s actually an issue with Bluebeam and not Miro. It’s fixed in the newest versions of Bluebeam Revu as per this help page. https://support.bluebeam.com/articles/corrupted-text-when-creating-pdf-from-chrome-browser/ Missed that in the above posts. 

same thing and Miro seems to thing its not their issue. 

its the way they are encoding it

what they need to realize is we cant tell the design industry what viewer not to sue. 

Miro came back and told me not to use blubeam, really? 

as a software company they need to make sure th escript pdf coding they use is compatible with atleast the major pdf tools out there