Object alignment guidelines gone?

Userlevel 2

About 4 or so hours ago, I noticed that I no longer have object alignment guidelines. This is making it difficult on my current board as I have many shape objects to align.

This is within a swim lane flow, but I think we refer to this as tables? So, these objects are within a table? I did see something about this not being allowed, but on an old article. Up until 4 hours ago, it did work.

Has something changed today to stop this? Is it temporary or a permanent thing?

12 replies

Seems to me that they disabled alignment lines (and also objects snapping to them) within tables. It’s also making it very difficult, as all my boards are basically big tables … I hope this change is reverted, as I don’t really get why a working function was removed in the first place ...

Same here, was using this all last week with a ton of shapes within a table and now it seems to be gone. Hope this comes back quickly.

Noticed the same thing today, hope it’s temporary as I default to a table for swim lanes and all my processes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Andrew Bridges - I opened a support ticket on your behalf. Hopefully the support team can answer if this was an intentional change or if it's a bug.

If you could please update this post with the support team's response, it would surely be appreciated by all.

Userlevel 2

Thanks @Robert Johnson 

Userlevel 2

So, I had a reply, and to honest, I’m surprised!

Let's remove a feature, annoy lots of people, then ask them to submit it on the wish list to reintroduce it?!!

The word from the developers is that smart guides have been removed from the swimlanes. This is the expected behavior:

So, I'm afraid it's not currently possible to use this feature in swimlanes or table cells. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for sharing your thoughts! We are always looking for ways to improve our product, and your idea to allow auto align and smart guides in swimlanes and tables could certainly become a great addition to our product!

Userlevel 2

I’ve created a LinkedIn Post tagging Miro in to it… maybe if enough people comment and share they might see the error of their ways and reverse this?

This is nonsense. What a waste of a good UI. I’m switching to Microsoft Visio...

Is there any update about the objects alignment?
The decision of removing this option is quite frustrating for any Miro daily user.

Anyone know if this has been deliberately fixed or brought back?

Smart guides/object alignment guides seems to have made a come-back within my tables all of a sudden this morning! 

So annoying that they removed this feature!! 

Use it always to align artboards, objects etc! Please bring it BACK!

Ohh just found out you can manually turn it on in board settings. At least that. Still weird it was suddenly gone.