[RESOLVED] Not possible to share a board for editing with Day Passes: "User email domain not allowed as board guest" error

I am having this issue and my meeting starting in 30 min 

Marina 2 years ago

Hi @Tara Fish @Donald Patti,

The fix for the issue with board sharing was fixed. You may need to log out and log back in to get the latest Miro update applied for your profile.  

View original

3 replies

Me, too @Tara Fish. I burned ½ hour class time this morning time to work around this. VERY frustrating.

I also have a consultant plan and this does NOT work for me. I also receive the message, “User email domain not allowed as board guest”. What do I need to do to work around this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

I'm afraid, there's a bug on our end that causes this behavior.

While our team is doing their best to fix this issue, we figured out that there is a workaround that might be a temporary fix while we are looking at the case. 

Here it is: 

• Open the board that you would like to share for editing with a user, go to the Share menu and invite the user to the board, but instead of selecting an option Can edit, choose an option Can comment and send the invitation: 

?name=inline1378913658.png

• Once this is done, open the board's Share menu again​ and go to the Sharing settings. In the Sharing Settings, you will find the user that you've invited to comment on the board. Select the option Can edit instead of Can comment and click Done. The user's access level should be changed to editing

?name=inline1477857789.png

I hope that this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Tara Fish @Donald Patti,

The fix for the issue with board sharing was fixed. You may need to log out and log back in to get the latest Miro update applied for your profile.