Answered

Non-admin gets access request notification emails

• 9 July 2020
  • 7 replies

One of my users that is not a team admin and is not the owner of any boards is getting email notifications from notification@miro.com when another user requests access to a board.  I am one of the team administrators but I’m not getting any such notifications.  How do I turn of the anomalous notifications?  

icon

Best answer by chrissmith 27 July 2020, 20:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@chrissmith -

Might be worth doing a quick test and having the user disable their notifications for board access requests to see if the issue goes away. If so, it sounds like a “wire is crossed” somewhere as those requests should only be going to the board owner.

Kiron

Per Miro Support: The user in question was given ‘editor’ perms on a board, and so when another user requests access to that board, the first user was notified. The resolve is to remove that user from the ‘editor’ role. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @chrissmith,

This is the expected behavior. You will find the details in the article - https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572194#request

I am also seeing the behavior from the OP. I followed the link from @Marina but it did not say anything about notifications. I see at the top it explains that among other things, editors can “...edit access rights of other members and add new collaborators...”  So I am assuming that means they also get notification about requests?

If I understand the comments here correctly: the expected behavior is that I can either limit users to commenting, or else I have to allow them them invite whomever they wish, and be inundated with request notifications. That seems odd to me.

My team permissions has a toggle so only Team Admins get notifications about invitations to the team, it seems like some additional control at the project and board level would make sense.

Overall, this definition of editor permissions are too broad.

There are a number of users and editors of the miro board. However, people who are engaging in our miro board are also being bombarded with email and requests for new editors to use the board. This is far from ideal when we are trying to engage new users/editors. I am one of the team admins and owner of the board - Is there a way that I can just receive these notifications? Rather than anyone who wants to participate getting a load of notifications to their email?

There are a number of users and editors of the miro board. However, people who are engaging in our miro board are also being bombarded with email and requests for new editors to use the board. This is far from ideal when we are trying to engage new users/editors. I am one of the team admins and owner of the board - Is there a way that I can just receive these notifications? Rather than anyone who wants to participate getting a load of notifications to their email?

We had the same unpleasant experience! How to prevent this? Same - I am okay as an owner to receive the notification and request emails but not everyoneeditors invited! 

We had the same unpleasant experience! How to prevent this? Same - I am okay as an owner to receive the notification and request emails but not everyoneeditors invited! 

And I’m having the same experience. It’s not great to bombard people with daily emails when trying to encourage people to participate. Is there a workaround available yet?