Question

My invited user cannot see the Team

• 10 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

I have invited one of my users to the team I created. She received the invite email and accepted the invite but still cannot see the team.

5 replies

Hi @Masood Sarkar, I appreciate this is an old post, but could I ask if this has been resolved? I have the same problem where someone invited me to their Team by email, and I accepted the invitation, but I cannot see the team on my dashboard (left hand side).

@Robert Johnson, Does the invitee need to have a paid team/account to invite someone?

Many thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Masood Sarkar, I appreciate this is an old post, but could I ask if this has been resolved? I have the same problem where someone invited me to their Team by email, and I accepted the invitation, but I cannot see the team on my dashboard (left hand side).

@Robert Johnson, Does the invitee need to have a paid team/account to invite someone?

Many thanks!

@Sachiyo Ito-Jaeger - Presumably someone wants you to collaborate on a board, so they invited you in some fashion. Can you access “anything” from the invite email, e.g., where are you taken once you click on the link in the email? Do you end up on a board? For example, if they had invited you to the team in error, but later updated the board’s Shared settings to allow for public/Visitor access (configured using the “Anyone with the link” option), you would be able to access the board while not being a team member, i.e., you will not see the team space from your dashboard.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Masood Sarkar -

When she logs into Miro, what does she see in her Miro dashboard? Are there a number of team icons visible in the left toolbar?

Kiron

Userlevel 2

Well, in Miro admin it shows that she hasn’t accepted the invitation but she insist she did. I will have to ask her again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Masood Sarkar - For at least the Free, Education, and Team Plan teams, you can go to your Team profile settings -> Active/users page and use the Invite new members action to directly add the person to your team using their Miro account profile email address - this method does not require them to accept an invitation:

As long as they already have a registered Miro account using the email address you entered, and if you have a paid team you also have paid seats available, then they will now be member of your team.

When they sign into Miro next, they will see this team appear on the left-hand vertical bar in their Miro dashboard - for example, my Miro account profile is a member of ten teams:

To switch between teams, I just click on the icon.