My account was updated to Education Plan, but I'm unable to create education plan teams

• 21 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello,

My account was updated to Education Plan, but I'm unable to create education plan teams.

My current team was not upgraded to Education plan.

I also removed current team (I left all teams) and I still wasn’t able to create Education plan team.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kamil Cisewski - When a Miro Education Plan application is approved, one of the teams associated with your profile (of which you are a Team Admin) should have been upgraded to an Education Plan team - you cannot create an Education Plan team. It sounds like something could have gone wrong. However, since you have left all teams and created a new Free Plan team, you will likely need to apply again.

https://miro.com/education-whiteboard/

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Alyona - Do you think there's anything that could done here rather than a whole new Education Plan application?

Thanks for explanation. Now I understand concept. I applied for upgrade again and it’s working. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kamil Cisewski - You're welcome!

If you end up adding any other users to your team, you may want to have a quick read through the following post to learn how you could configure your team so that each member only sees what they have created (called Private borads or projects) - it can keep things cleaner for each user. 

https://community.miro.com/educator-community-69/how-to-set-up-miro-education-if-you-teach-multiple-classes-1561

Note: The post's title refers to "teaching" but the concepts and settings are the same.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Robert Johnson,

If @Kamil Cisewski left the team on the Education plan they received after their initial application was processed, applying again seems the most straightforward solution.
I also want to clarify one point from your reply - the existing team is not always upgraded because:
1) not all applicants have a Free plan team where they are Admins,
2) in the case of Students licenses, the free team will only be upgraded if there are less than 10 members (including the Admin),
3) for both Student's and Educator's licenses, the free team will only be upgraded if it has a single Admin, as multiple admins aren't supported on the Education plan. 

If one of the conditions isn't met - a brand new team will be created instead.

How can I make a colleague Team Admin on the Education Team? Under their profile, they are a Member and there are no options in team settings to upgrade them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

How can I make a colleague Team Admin on the Education Team? Under their profile, they are a Member and there are no options in team settings to upgrade them.

@Ronan Gruenbaum - The Education Plan only supports one Team Admin:

Source: The Education Plan help center article.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Ronan Gruenbaum,

One thing to add to what Robert already shared: although you can't have two Admins on the Education plan, if what you're looking to do is transfer your Admin rights to your colleague, you can do so by leaving the team:

Please note that this will lead to you loosing the ownership and access to any boards you have created in that Education team. 

Thank you @Robert Johnson and @Alyona! Much appreciated