Moving from Excel to Miro

• 22 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey there,

I am a critical thinking consultant and we currently use Excel spreadsheets to capture the collaborative thinking from groups. I have been using Miro to replace some of the spreadsheets but I am running into problems when I need to rate the impact of actions on requirements etc.

Currently in Excel we have dropdown lists to select High, Medium or Low and others are more analytical where they calculate numerical values and provide totals etc.

Has anyone found a way to manage this in Miro? I am very open to different ways of dealing with this in Miro but unfortunately my creative abilities are limited! :)

IAny help would be much appreciated. Or a recommendation to a consultant for creating Miro boards would also be great.

Thanks very much,

Andrew

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Andrew Sauter -

There’s no “out of the box” way to do this, so the only option would be to look at some custom development work using the Miro API.

Kiron

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Andrew Sauter 

Kiron is correct, there is no out of the box way to do this, but that doesn’t mean it cannot be done through some crafty workshop design or custom coding.

My company Improve creates Miro Experiences for consultants, trainers, and facilitators. I would love to see how you are incorporating Miro into your practice, and how you are using the combination of Miro and Excel to get to the outcome you need. There might be a way to visually present your information without Excel, but even if we need to get into Miro’s back-end, I have colleagues that can do this customization in the Miro API.

Feel free to drop me a DM or message here and we can connect to go over your needs and see if we can find a path forward that will work for you :)

Thanks and I look forward to speaking with you!

Jon

Thanks Kiron, appreciate your response đź‘Ť

Jon, I would be keen to connect to see what your company can offer to assist in setting up/making a more professional presence on Miro. I’ll message you shortly.

Thanks again,

Andrew