Answered

Missing Miro Board!

• 12 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I just reimaged my computer and now I cant find my Miro Board. 

Does anyone know why it could have disappeared and how I can find it again?

It doesnt show up with a title or owner search.

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 13 April 2021, 17:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Deborah Castel - Because Miro boards are stored in the cloud, I cannot see how re-imaging a computer would not delete a Miro board. Therefore, we will assume that this has something to do with preferences stored in cookies.

Let’s take a step back here. How did you used to access this board?

What do you see when you sign into your Miro account?

Is your Miro account profile a member of more than one team? If so, have you switched teams by clicking on the team icon in the left-hand vertical bar of your Miro dashboard?

Hi Robert! Thanks for the reply!

Based on your questions: 

1. I created and accessed the board from my desktop and think I’ve just had it open in there, or opened it from a ‘last opened’ file from this icon (not online). 
  1. When I now sign into Miro, all of the boards are there and it looks familliar except for the board I am referring to. Perhaps I didn’t create it correctly? 
  1. I don’t recall being apart of any particular groups but did just ask to be added to the ‘Unregistered Users’ group since the others are teams I am not apart of, just to see if that might show something. 

Also, when I look at the ‘Boards Created by Me’ it’s also the only one that isn’t there. All the others are. Bummer. 

:( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Deborah Castel - It does sound like you are not the board owner. Have you tried:

If you can’t find the board anywhere, then I suspect that someone previously set this board’s Share settings to Anyone with the link → Can edit and sent you the link. You will need to reach out to someone else whom you know has worked on this board with you to see if they can share the link with you.

Starring boards

You can “bookmark” boards in Miro by clicking the Star icon to the right of the board name. To get back to these boards, click on Starred boards from your dashboard: