Miro zooms out on left click

• 14 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi Miro Community,

recently I’m facing the problem that Miro automatically zooms out to display the whole (biggest) object when I left-click.

Example: I have multiple frames where I have an rectangle around to group these. When I work in a specific frame and click somewhere (not on an object), Miro zooms out to display the whole rectangle.This is really driving me crazy. 

Seems like this is a new behavior (or maybe a bug?). How can I deactivate it?

I’m using Windows 10 with newest Chrome Version.

Thanks!

5 replies

I just opened a request. Let’s see what happens. I’ll keep you updated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have noted this too over the years - why does clicking on a locked shape object zoom out to show the entire shape? Locked sticky notes, frames, tables, and images do not do this - but locked mind maps do. The inconsistency can be frustrating from a user experience point of view.

Where this “zooming out on a locked shape” really becomes an annoyance is when you are using a HUGE coloured rectangle as a way of giving your Miro board a background colour.

@ACCC - Please do let us know what the support team tells you..

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ACCC -

You are right - I just tried with the rectangle locked and got the same unnecessary zooming. I’d suggest opening a Miro support request to get some investigation into this here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

Thanks Kiron for checking. I tried it in incognito mode and it’s the same behavior. I also tried around a bit and it turned out that this is only happening when rectangle is locked. I restructured my board now, so that I don’t need this for grouping. But nevertheless it would still be nice if it would work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ACCC -

I tried to duplicate your scenario using the three frames and surrounding rectangle below and regardless of where I left-clicked, I couldn’t get Miro to change the zoom setting. I’m also running Google Chrome with a Windows 10 laptop.

Can you try in incognito browser mode to see if its something cached?

Kiron